Cupra 280 Insurance

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
This is called insurance fraud and fronting..... hardly so in a civil partnership, maybe when the policy holder is your mum and she's 25 years older and your 18.

I do this with my partner and I've just made a non fault claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhenImAlone

Feb 23, 2017
Don't forget that if your partner is down as the main driver (with you named) to reduce the price, but you drive it as your daily - this is insurance fraud and called 'fronting'...

Ah, no, she's the main driver, which is another aspect that OP should look at. To be honest, if you both used the car on a similar basis, it would be extremely hard for the insurance to prove that either of you were the "main driver", so it all comes down to what mileage each person is doing...that's actually IF OP has a girlfriend that he's willing to put on the insurance! ;)

But you're dead right. It's also bad to use your mother/father as the main driver in the same circumstances, which I think is quite common for teenagers.

Deleted member 103408

Check out the following link, some insurance companies do offer to take named driver experience (Check Here) and convert into NCB. Sure it does not work for this case but may help other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.