Cupra 280 wheel refurb (pictures)

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
So my wheels are looking past their best with the usual 'white worm' on the diamond cut faces. Thinking of getting them powder coated. I'm not a fan of black wheels personally, and a gunmetal grey will look too much like the colour of the car (monsoon grey). So looking for colour options, thinking either a bright silver or maybe a pale gold colour, had a grey Impreza STI a while back and the gold wheels looked great. Has anyone done the same and could share pictures?

Other option is a wheel upgrade, still for 19's but then I'd probably need to lower the suspension to pull off fancy wheels.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I think a very subtle gun metal grey would look nice mate. Silver ish but with a slightly darker tint to it. I’d quite like my alloys redone at some point and will probably do mine that colour.

Reactions: Jay280

Brackett

May 12, 2019
I think a very subtle gun metal grey would look nice mate. Silver ish but with a slightly darker tint to it. I’d quite like my alloys redone at some point and will probably do mine that colour.
That's what I was going to say. I don't like my (standard 300) alloys, diamond cut, so when I do get them done it will be a slightly darker sliver, as described above, which I think will go well.

Reactions: Jay280

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There’s some pictures of Cupra 280 alloys that have been refurbished in anthracite grey in this discussion thread;

And a set that have been refurbished in a black chrome powder coat in this discussion thread (post #18 in the thread);

I had a set of anthracite alloys on my dark Grey mk6 Golf and IMO the anthracite on grey combination worked well. The wheels were a shade or two lighter in colour than the colour of the car, so they provided some contrast to to car’s paint colour.
6FFCF4B3-AFA2-4606-9926-B9FAD37E7B1C.jpeg

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
I remember that thread now you have shared it. I even commented in it, lol.
I have only ever seen the standard 280 wheels re done in a gunmetal type grey or black. Would like to see examples of them in anything different

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marcustandy
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.