Cupra 290 resonator delete

Marc91

Nov 4, 2017
West Scotland
Alrite guys, sorry if its been asked got a lot of questions.. have any of you guys got the VAGsport resonator delete? I’m looking for a bit more noise and don’t want a full exhaust system because of money/warranty. I figure a small pipe being reverted back to stock wouldn’t have any problems going into seat for any issues should they arise?

Also my car is manual so not sure if the noise is still quite noticeable without DSG?

Cheers,

Marc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stel94

Jul 1, 2015
Dublin
I had it done first on my 280 Manual, makes a difference some pops and crackles but nothing crazy.( Also will not affect any warranty I had some work done at 2 seat dealers and neither said anything about the res delete at the time.)
I then Ended up getting a straight pipe cat back custom made and I had to add the middle silencer back in was too loud on long journeys. The cat back I have at the min is perfect when giving it the beans and traction light kicks in it pops and crackles like a dsg similar on up shift from 2-4k pops and bangs. people often think I have a dsg from the pops and bangs the sound is very identical
If you end up getting a res delete get a decent exhaust fabricator to do it shouldn't cost to much, think I paid 60euro for one made/fitted.

Reactions: Marc91

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
Alrite guys, sorry if its been asked got a lot of questions.. have any of you guys got the VAGsport resonator delete? I’m looking for a bit more noise and don’t want a full exhaust system because of money/warranty. I figure a small pipe being reverted back to stock wouldn’t have any problems going into seat for any issues should they arise?

Also my car is manual so not sure if the noise is still quite noticeable without DSG?

Cheers,

Marc

I'd be very surprised if a dealership refused work on the car due to a resonator delete, unless they could prove the issue was caused by the resonator being removed... I'd be amazed - you would obviously lose warranty on the exhaust.

Another point to add is that without any resonator, there would be quite a lot of drone, not that it bothers everyone.

There's a post here with this kit installed on a 300, might be worth taking a look at: Cupra 300 Resonate Delete

Reactions: Marc91

Marc91

Nov 4, 2017
West Scotland
I had it done first on my 280 Manual, makes a difference some pops and crackles but nothing crazy.( Also will not affect any warranty I had some work done at 2 seat dealers and neither said anything about the res delete at the time.)
I then Ended up getting a straight pipe cat back custom made and I had to add the middle silencer back in was too loud on long journeys. The cat back I have at the min is perfect when giving it the beans and traction light kicks in it pops and crackles like a dsg similar on up shift from 2-4k pops and bangs. people often think I have a dsg from the pops and bangs the sound is very identical
If you end up getting a res delete get a decent exhaust fabricator to do it shouldn't cost to much, think I paid 60euro for one made/fitted.

Cheers mate, good to know. Will the 290 be just the same then or are they slightly different to start with?

I would love to be able to do that but I’m a 4 hour round trip anytime I’m near a city that has places for it.. it’s £149 for the kit from vagsport. Thought it seemed ok? Il maybe get a cat back in a year or two but my house needs a lot of cash spent on it so limited just now

Cheers mate

Marc91

Nov 4, 2017
West Scotland
I'd be very surprised if a dealership refused work on the car due to a resonator delete, unless they could prove the issue was caused by the resonator being removed... I'd be amazed - you would obviously lose warranty on the exhaust.

Another point to add is that without any resonator, there would be quite a lot of drone, not that it bothers everyone.

There's a post here with this kit installed on a 300, might be worth taking a look at: Cupra 300 Resonate Delete

Yeah I don’t think that would actually be possible from a res delete just thot I’d check! It was a major fault I’d change it back before heading up think I could cope with some drone hopefully not too bad!

Cheers mate I’ll have a look

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
Yeah I don’t think that would actually be possible from a res delete just thot I’d check! It was a major fault I’d change it back before heading up think I could cope with some drone hopefully not too bad!

Cheers mate I’ll have a look

I don't think it will be too bad, just definitely noticeable with how quiet the cars are as standard!

Marc91

Nov 4, 2017
West Scotland
I don't think it will be too bad, just definitely noticeable with how quiet the cars are as standard!

If it sounds anything like that video I’ll be a happy boy, sounds awesome let’s see if the girlfriend notices.. haha!

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
If it sounds anything like that video I’ll be a happy boy, sounds awesome let’s see if the girlfriend notices.. haha!

They notice everything bud!

Just a thought, I'll be getting a Remus racing rear silencer which connects to the standard system, might be worth looking into?

It's a tad more expensive, but it keeps the drone to a minimum, gives you nicer tips and more noise!

Remus Racing Rear Silencer

Marc91

Nov 4, 2017
West Scotland
They notice everything bud!

Just a thought, I'll be getting a Remus racing rear silencer which connects to the standard system, might be worth looking into?

It's a tad more expensive, but it keeps the drone to a minimum, gives you nicer tips and more noise!

Remus Racing Rear Silencer

Is that the one at the very bottom for £325? Is that just the end section of the exhaust and the tips then?

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
Is that the one at the very bottom for £325? Is that just the end section of the exhaust and the tips then?

That's the one, you also need the adapter, just above, which is about £60.

With that, you can also add the rest of the center section at a later point to have the full cat back.

Marc91

Nov 4, 2017
West Scotland
That's the one, you also need the adapter, just above, which is about £60.

With that, you can also add the rest of the center section at a later point to have the full cat back.

Ah I see, that’s not a bad idea to be fair then. Is your car standard apart from going for that? Can’t find any videos it all seems to be the full cat back videos!

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
Ah I see, that’s not a bad idea to be fair then. Is your car standard apart from going for that? Can’t find any videos it all seems to be the full cat back videos!

Yeah, standard for the time being, only had the car for a couple of months lol.

If you look on YouTube for a company called Motech (Who will be fitting mine), they fit them quite often to MK7 GTI's, that'll give you a good reference.

stel94

Jul 1, 2015
Dublin
Cheers mate, good to know. Will the 290 be just the same then or are they slightly different to start with?

I would love to be able to do that but I’m a 4 hour round trip anytime I’m near a city that has places for it.. it’s £149 for the kit from vagsport. Thought it seemed ok? Il maybe get a cat back in a year or two but my house needs a lot of cash spent on it so limited just now

Cheers mate

Yes Should be the same, think your 290 is louder than the 280 some changes wore made ? Cant go wrong res delete is a good bang for your buck

Marc91

Nov 4, 2017
West Scotland
Yeah, standard for the time being, only had the car for a couple of months lol.

If you look on YouTube for a company called Motech (Who will be fitting mine), they fit them quite often to MK7 GTI's, that'll give you a good reference.

Haha.. I’m on the same boat mate, I’ve only had mine 2 weeks!! I’ll have a look for them cheers man

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Save starting a new thread. Has anyone on here installed one of these to a 280:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leo...903307?hash=item5454705ecb:g:XTkAAOSwP4FaPWW-
The videos online make them sound a bit loud, but always hard to tell from a video! I am after a bit more noise, but don't want drone as I drive 70 odd miles a day.

I would be interested to know as well mate. Same part I’ve had in my basked for a couple weeks now. Done some reading and it sounds like the resonator is meant to reduce drone so removing that gives more noise but more drone. And then there’s people talking about back pressure and what silencers do and then you start worrying about warranty and if it’s worth it...

Had a cupra 280 for 2 months now, want some noise to go with the power. It’s manual though and the dsgs seem to be louder from what I’ve seen... one flew past me the other day Got a list of bits I want to do but removing the soundaktor and removing/replacing the silencer is at the top. I’m going to look into the Remus exhausts someone posted further up, I don’t like the idea of removing the resonator and not replacing it as i don’t think I’m prepared for drone!!

Reactions: Rob G

Marc91

Nov 4, 2017
West Scotland
Anytime I’ve ever bought an aftermarket exhaust I’ve never even considered resonated systems.. is there a big difference between removing the resonator on the standard exhaust or buying an aftermarket one? Or would you guys only buy a resonated system? Seems to be a lot of worry about drone for some reason?

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
Save starting a new thread. Has anyone on here installed one of these to a 280:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leo...903307?hash=item5454705ecb:g:XTkAAOSwP4FaPWW-
The videos online make them sound a bit loud, but always hard to tell from a video! I am after a bit more noise, but don't want drone as I drive 70 odd miles a day.

This is the same as the VAG Sport kit, just without the name.

Removing both silencers, which this will do, will increase drone a considerable amount.

Reactions: Rob G

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
Anytime I’ve ever bought an aftermarket exhaust I’ve never even considered resonated systems.. is there a big difference between removing the resonator on the standard exhaust or buying an aftermarket one? Or would you guys only buy a resonated system? Seems to be a lot of worry about drone for some reason?

I’ve always had aftermarket exhausts on my cars, all of which have been non-resonated and they do make a big difference.

Some people don’t mind the drone, but if you’re doing long journeys often, from experience it does your head in, literally.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.