Cupra 300 Manual Clutch Change

Jan 28, 2022
Hi all,

I get the feeling that I'm currently on the verge of needing to change the clutch on my mk3 manual 300.

Has anyone got any suggestions, has good reviews of, or past experience with the more performance clutches that can be used - as I intend on pushing some more power in eventually.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Ive got a sachs sre clutch, no problems with it, alot heavier pedal feel but got use to it.

Had a slight judder when pulling away occasionally but not so much now after 10000 miles, was never bad so not a issue for me, doesnt like being slipped it anyway shape or form, like pulling away on a steep hill. Overall it is a good solid clutch.
The problems i listed make it sound bad mate but they were never really intrusive to the point that i regretted buying it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

LukeBlueCupraLeon

Apr 17, 2022
Peterborough
Hi all,

I get the feeling that I'm currently on the verge of needing to change the clutch on my mk3 manual 300.

Has anyone got any suggestions, has good reviews of, or past experience with the more performance clutches that can be used - as I intend on pushing some more power in eventually.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Hi just wondered if you had got a clutch yet and what the fitting costed?

I know mine is on its way out and I am sure its covered on my warranty but not sure whether to bite the bullet and buy an uprated clutch ( maybe warranty will pay towards it.... not gonna hold my breath) or whether to go with another chocolate clutch whilst its free. Anyhow would be interested to know more

cheers

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hi just wondered if you had got a clutch yet and what the fitting costed?

I know mine is on its way out and I am sure its covered on my warranty but not sure whether to bite the bullet and buy an uprated clutch ( maybe warranty will pay towards it.... not gonna hold my breath) or whether to go with another chocolate clutch whilst its free. Anyhow would be interested to know more

cheers

It’d be worth checking the small print in your warranty document to determine for sure whether or not your clutch is covered. Most vehicle warranties would exclude ‘wear and tear’ of clutch components. A sudden failure of the clutch or component part of the clutch due to a manufacturing defect might be covered but not failure of the clutch / its components as a result of normal wear and tear over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: mty12345

LukeBlueCupraLeon

Apr 17, 2022
Peterborough
It’d be worth checking the small print in your warranty document to determine for sure whether or not your clutch is covered. Most vehicle warranties would exclude ‘wear and tear’ of clutch components. A sudden failure of the clutch or component part of the clutch due to a manufacturing defect might be covered but not failure of the clutch / its components as a result of normal wear and tear over time.

Ok should have saw that coming took it in for a service today explained the issues I have been having when the car is under load and clutch is slipping. Mechanic said yup sounds like clutch is going. Its "wear and tear" so the warranty wont cover it even though I have only had the car a year, will be a £100 to go in and check the clutch. I wasn't willing to pay £100 to be told what I already know. My question now is what clutch will cover me for up to stage 1 comfortably and not cost the earth, be reliable and fit my mk3 17 plate cupra 300? links are appreciated very much and any advice I don't normally buy car parts. Also seat quoted me £864 to fit the clutch (not including supply of a clutch) this price sounded ridiculous to me and I have a trusted garage that will fit for £375.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise