cupra aerokit at autosport 2008

May 13, 2007
what a top show nice array of seats on show nice to see seat uk stand with a leon cupra with aerokit fitted [didnt like central exhaust] but this is the way to go finally looks like the top of range sports car it is it looks the part well impressed well done seat uk ! "i know you wont all agree with me"but i did look so good chris
autosport2008046.jpg

autosport2008037.jpg

andycupra

status subject to change
IMO the euro kit if very dependant on the colour of the car. for example in dark grey i think it looks good.
red not so as the cheap plastic grills stand out too much.

So this is the first aero kit that has the front headlight washers by the looks which is why the cupra didnt have this option before i think.

Central exhaust is not good especially given twin exhaust has been available on leons already.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Looks like the Aero Kit with the exception of the central exhaust. Glad they dont come like that as standard as I would not have bought one if they did.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Central exit was available on the Aero kit prior to this. Only thing I can see SEAT have done is modify the kit so the pop up headlight washers fit the kit.

I'm so happy though that it's optional and the car didn't look like this from the offset. Never been a fan of this kit, spoils the look of the car in my opinion. Some elements work like the skirts and the rear spoiler. They work more as enhancements, the full kit cheapens the car though i feel.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Its interesting reading people's opinion of this kit now, compared to when it first came out.
When it was first out (at the time of the 2.0TFSI Sport) a lot more people liked it.
I guess it's either aged badly or people have seen too much of it.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I like the front bumper of the kit but I'm not too keen on the rear bumper. The black on the FR/Cupra bumper breaks up the rear abit.

I think the Cupra with the aero front bumper and standard rear bumper..... but with center exit exhaust would look good and set it apart a bit........imo.

In white of course!!!

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
In my humble opinion, I would appreciate it if the air ducts actually served a purpose, but they don't. In addition, having air ducts at the rear of the car is completely daft considering the engine at the front. I am not a fan of them at all.

Regarding the light washers, my local stealer has put out three Cupras with Aero kits in 2007 and this is no different from them with the exception of the centre exhaust.

One thing I have thought about is that if these kits are dealer fitted, then the rear silencer must be part of that kit and therefore probably pretty expensive over and above the price of the rear bumper, and they would have to cut in to the original one piece exhaust system to do it.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
What really makes me [:@] about this kit is the pathetic plastic vents on the kit!!! WTF either have proper vented sections or dont. Whats the point in plastic vents that are completely sealed. Hate it

Ni Cupra

Inferi black cupra
May 23, 2007
dont like it at all, every other leon you see over here in n.i has the aero kit. prefer the standard cupra/fr kit.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise