cupra R vs vxR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbowayne

The Great White !!!
Mar 3, 2004
South Wales
Visit site
The VXR is a pig for torque-steer. If the driver could control the surge, it'd win.

But it'd still be a Vauxhall.

Total S**T that comment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no torque steer to mention on the VXR. Whereas the LCR is a bitch. I know i have had both now VXR obviously. The VXR handles better and is able to put the power down , whereas my LCR could not, even with F1's all round. Do not get me wrong I loved my Revo'd R but the VXR is not a 12 year old design and by god it shows. The lotus chasis is perfectly balanced for a front wheel drive car coupled with the stage 2+ map is awesome !!!

:) :) :)

morebeer

May 26, 2004
Bristol
I’ve also owned both cars. The LCR was a great car, very practical and a good drive. It was also however the most unreliable car I have ever owned and as such I felt I had to change to the VXR before the warranty expired. I think the torque steer issue has been greatly exaggerated, with even my wife who is of extremely slight build having few problems driving it every day. It certainly feels quicker in standard form to me than my LCR felt, but this could be exaggerated as the suspension is far stiffer giving a greater sensation of speed. I do miss the boot space and extra doors on the Leon. It can be a pain getting my 4year old girl in and out of her car seat and you certainly have to travel light if you’re going away.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I've never driven a VXR so I guess I'm in no position to comment (but Meh, bite me, I'm gonna anyway :p )... but... I always imagined the VXR would give a much greater sense of drama when driving with a bit of enthusiasm. The LCR is a great cruising car and is well sound deadened so it loses the edge when it comes to the sensation of speed and acceleration. I don't know why, but I just imagine the VXR brings that back a bit?

It's like comparing my car to my other halves, who drives a Puma Millenium. At 90mph in the Puma it feels like your doing 90mph! It feels fast. In the LCR, 90mph feels like 50mph in the Puma, it loses the sensation of speed.

I don't know if this comparison is nonsense or not, so would be interested to know what those who have owned both think? :)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Turbowayne, you're the only person I've heard of that is massive supportive of the VXRs handling. Seriously.

And it's still a Vauxhall.

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
At what point did I come on here saying the vxr is faster. Remember, I didnt start this thread. But indeed if you were to come over and say the LCR was fatser you probably wouldn't get much of a response apart from LOL

Buddy, I didn't say you came on here, starting the thread, you clearly didn't. But you came on here, to defend your car against the LCR lads saying theres is quicker, which resorts back to ' my car is faster than yours' ... Just enjoy your car, in your head, you've got a better car than an LCR..
What anyone else thinks shouldn't matter?

L7VXR

Thought i'd add a little to this... the VXR in question on topgear was a pre-production model (wasn't even english plates lol).
When topgear wanted this demo it wasn't ready but they were adament they were having it then so vauxhall had to give them the pre-production with STANDARD sri suspension set-up. personally, i don't actually get any on mine unless i really put my foot down but hey, i'm running 300bhp so what do you expect :D
Everyones going to be biased towards their own car - you wouldn't have bought it if you didn't want it.

Turbowayne

The Great White !!!
Mar 3, 2004
South Wales
Visit site
Turbowayne, you're the only person I've heard of that is massive supportive of the VXRs handling. Seriously.

And it's still a Vauxhall.

Hmmmm strange this. The early protypes did not have the developed chassis by Lotus and all had bad press from people like "Top Gear" etc. The truth is that the VXR handles incredibly compared to an LCR. The steering on the LCR alone is probably the lightest least positive I have ever driven on any performance car & as stated too heavily geared and bloody dangerous at speed. The VXR is a different beast all together surefooted and positive as you might expect from a newer designed car. The Autocar report crowning the VXR as GTI king even stated, The Golf GTI wallowed and bumped the stops long before the VXR had even started to wander. Please understand that Lotus spent a full 120 months developing the chassis for British A-B type roads and to be fair it shows.

Not slagging off the LCR guys, I loved mine, but the steering my god it was dangerous !!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
That’s the thing. No1 over at our forums would slag anything. That’s not how we are. .

Feel free to come to vxr forums and see what reception you get. I'm sure it would be better than the one I’ve received here.

you sure about that comment
below quote taken from vxr online to a member of seatcupra.net

Stevie VXR said:
Red With 19s and Milltek zorst after my Remap ill gladly oblige to piss all over that LCR of urz with ease my man

Last edited:

L7VXR

you sure about that comment
below quote taken from vxr online to a member of seatcupra.net

Stevie VXR said:
Red With 19s and Milltek zorst after my Remap ill gladly oblige to piss all over that LCR of urz with ease my man

there's certain ppl that don't play nice yes, but the majority of us are quite friendly.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Thought i'd add a little to this... the VXR in question on topgear was a pre-production model (wasn't even english plates lol).
When topgear wanted this demo it wasn't ready but they were adament they were having it then so vauxhall had to give them the pre-production with STANDARD sri suspension set-up. personally, i don't actually get any on mine unless i really put my foot down but hey, i'm running 300bhp so what do you expect :D
Everyones going to be biased towards their own car - you wouldn't have bought it if you didn't want it.

It's a fair point to make - being honest I didn't care for the way the LC Tdi handled as stock .... always thought it wanted to run wide too quickly. Having fiddled with allsorts and changed bits and bobs, the simple addition of an uprated ARB kit seems to have fettled it nicely. (thanks to Ruddmeister for the excellent suspension guide).

No real comparison between mine and a VXR, hell i can just about manage to keep Karlos in view but for what it is, it goes well enough.

I could have had an LCR but preferred the LC Tdi for fuel consumption, on that basis there was no way i'd have chosen an Astra VXR either. I think the VXR is a marmite car, you either love it or loathe it - personally the styling isn't for me but as you say, each to their own - it's just a shame one or two others can't see things that way :)

Then again i'm looking at a trip to allards later this year depending on how my small claims case goes against Barclays so watch this space, if you see a Platinum grey 'sooty' sat on your tail it could be me :p

L7VXR

It's a fair point to make - being honest I didn't care for the way the LC Tdi handled as stock .... always thought it wanted to run wide too quickly. Having fiddled with allsorts and changed bits and bobs, the simple addition of an uprated ARB kit seems to have fettled it nicely. (thanks to Ruddmeister for the excellent suspension guide).

No real comparison between mine and a VXR, hell i can just about manage to keep Karlos in view but for what it is, it goes well enough.

I could have had an LCR but preferred the LC Tdi for fuel consumption, on that basis there was no way i'd have chosen an Astra VXR either. I think the VXR is a marmite car, you either love it or loathe it - personally the styling isn't for me but as you say, each to their own - it's just a shame one or two others can't see things that way :)

Then again i'm looking at a trip to allards later this year depending on how my small claims case goes against Barclays so watch this space, if you see a Platinum grey 'sooty' sat on your tail it could be me :p

Well opinions vary - as i'm not really a huge fan of the LC's - but if you like it who am i to say anything.
And later this year i'll be running 350 :D lol. Only live down the road from MK aswell :p lol

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Well opinions vary - as i'm not really a huge fan of the LC's - but if you like it who am i to say anything.
And later this year i'll be running 350 :D lol. Only live down the road from MK aswell :p lol

That's about it - if we all liked the same thing it would be a very boring world indeed!! Saw the VXR club out at Donnington Park last summer, looked very very smart all parked up in colour order on the infield grass :)

L7VXR

That's about it - if we all liked the same thing it would be a very boring world indeed!! Saw the VXR club out at Donnington Park last summer, looked very very smart all parked up in colour order on the infield grass :)

ah i missed that one last year - but i think we have quite a few planned this year, including rockingham :D

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Will more than likely see you at one or more of the events this year .... not sure if i'm doing Trax again though, it was a bit 'max power' to be honest but it was a good day out.

If you see us at any of the BTCC events pop over and say hi - i'll keep an eye out for you on the M1 ;)

I am sure people forget we're all car enthusiasts no matter what we drive :)

L7VXR

Will more than likely see you at one or more of the events this year .... not sure if i'm doing Trax again though, it was a bit 'max power' to be honest but it was a good day out.

If you see us at any of the BTCC events pop over and say hi - i'll keep an eye out for you on the M1 ;)

I am sure people forget we're all car enthusiasts no matter what we drive :)

you won't see me much on the M1 - I'm over the other way, not far from Santa Pod :D
but yeah, i'll pop and say hi if i see you guys at a BTCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.