Cupra rear bumper number plate/spoiler grey bit paint code?

Aimez

Does anyone know it, my cupra rear bumper came with a very crap thin peeling layer of paint on it, it was not sprayed by Seat so they they will no longer accept this under warranty and think I may try and respray this myself as it is really bothereing me even after the bodyshop tried to match the paint and tidy it up for me.
They said Seat said there is no paint code for the grey paint:ban:

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
:wave:

I think a few other members have tried to get the paint code from Seat with no luck.

I sprayed mine the same colour as my wheels (Hurricane grey from Halfords) Then lightly sprayed over it with silver to give it the anthracite look. Mine doesn't look great close up and I've been meaning to redo it for a while. When I eventually do it I'll get a paint supplier to mix me up an anthracite that matches better.

Aimez

Thanks for that hmm not sure what to do, the body shop sprayed the worst peeling bits around the reflectors with a Vauxhaul silver but it doesn't look right at all!
Guess what you have done it the best way actually, I do have a can of the paint same as my wheel somewhere (lost it!) and was thinking of doing my old mirror covers but not sure about the bumper think it will look too dark. Will ask TPS anyway but don't hold out much hope!
But hurricane grey, got any pics of your rear bumper (that sounds rude lol!)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
:lol: Here's two.

P1010784.jpg

P1010539.jpg

The finish is a bit patchy (mainly due to me being impatient and rushing it!) and also it's a glossy finish instead of matt. If you went into a paint supplier and got a few colour samples, you'd be able to match it I reckon.

Aimez

Well the body shop tried to match it but he did the bumper paint really cheap for me and coudln't be arsed tbh! I think I maybe better of respraying it all, I do like the metallic look of the standard colour but will have to respray at some point like you have I think. thanks for the pics hard to tell what colours would look good with black thou will have to experiment I think.
Can that bit be removed or is it permanently attached?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Well the body shop tried to match it but he did the bumper paint really cheap for me and coudln't be arsed tbh! I think I maybe better of respraying it all, I do like the metallic look of the standard colour but will have to respray at some point like you have I think. thanks for the pics hard to tell what colours would look good with black thou will have to experiment I think.
Can that bit be removed or is it permanently attached?

The valance is plastic welded to the main bumper. I had to remove it when I modified mine. All I did was melt the plastic welds and just pulled it appart.

im thinkin of sprayin mine black to go with the front or might try vinyl see what it looks like

Gloss black would look mint on your car mate. Would go really well with the red body.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
i might even give ita a go this week now il do the bits around the reflectors as wel.Dont no if to go gloss black or matt black as my front is matt black :headhurt:

DonniD1991

Big Donni
Mar 6, 2009
Newcastle Upon Tyne
i went to halfords and asked them to mix me some anthracite paint to match me alloys
which are tsw and they got it pretty much spot on if you take a colour sample in they guarantee to match it wel in newcastle they do
dont know if that will help

Deamox1fy

Howzit peeps

I'm new on the forum, been reading up a lot on here and decided to join.. I'm from South Africa.

@ Adam Kelly, how did you manage to do the front bottom grille and the part above that where the number plate sits? Are all of those removeable parts?

Also, how do you get the rear reflectors out? Can they be removed and easily placed back inside? I sanded my fogs and side grilles down with fine sand paper, did you do the same or can it just be resprayed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deamox1fy

Thanks.. I suppose that's the best option, because how do you get behind them? Should I sand them down or just give em a proper clean and respray them? Bumper Black is a nice color to set for, it's a almost matt but not completely.. Looks very nice, will post pics tomorrow

Deamox1fy

Easy to do, can you explain where the screws are that holds the bumper on? Thanks mate. The front one's I sanded down nicely, applied primer and then the bumper black color