Cupra vs 350z

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
Dan Cupra R said:
The Nissan is alrite, its engine is a renault engine tho, same one they use in a clio v6;)
IT IS NOT A RENAULT ENGINE!
Simple as. Its a Nissan engine which Renault borrowed for the Vel Satis V6. As for the Clio's, that is COMPLETELY different. Its 3 litre instead of 3.5 for starters!
Once again Clarkson is wrong! Not that there is anything wrong with Renault engines. They make some of the best engines on the planet now, just look at F1! Still annoys me when people are mis-informed though ;)

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
Well they are a dealership, say no more.

It is the latest generation of the VQ engine series (VQ35DE if you want the model) - Nissan have been making VQ engines for the last 12ish years. Nissan ranges use this engine as well as Infiniti and also Renault in their Vel Satis.

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
cool, you learn something new every day, however i wont be letting the old git know that its my only ammo ! ! ! !

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
theres more vids from them somewhere, i love the way it bites the floor for grip just as it shoots off, and they sound soo much better in the flesh

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
you can super charge them to around 350-360 bhp for just over 3.5k so ive heard and a tt kit is aroung 8k but that gets you over 450bhp which should be amusing,

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
another problem with them is twithcy traction control my dad can spin the wheels up at 60 in the dry when down changing! you need good tyres or wider wheels

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
Agree the traction control isnt amazing. Its not the fact that it cuts in a bit late (I like that feature) its that it cuts in far too serverely and clumbsily (much like the Seat systems - although not that bad!!). Mindue, when it is peeing it down, you thank god for it. I know I would have ended up in some funny places had it not been there

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
acidstrato said:
hardly in the same league though is it? lol
ones a coupe...the others a saloon

by wot i meant was a similar car
iv thought about it and i cant think of one the TT V6 is 30grand and will only have 250bhp, S2000 be closer i think, Z3/Z4 will be over 30k..others?

a boxter is ****, a boxter s is not much better and over 30k

so a Boxster is **** now is it, do you know what pleasure you can actually get from owning a 'drivers' car?

Stevo1 said:
Agree the traction control isnt amazing. Its not the fact that it cuts in a bit late (I like that feature) its that it cuts in far too serverely and clumbsily (much like the Seat systems - although not that bad!!). Mindue, when it is peeing it down, you thank god for it. I know I would have ended up in some funny places had it not been there

so basically most on this thread just want to go fast in a straight line then, no idea what driving is about?

ditch the traction, put the drive to the right wheels, preferably add enough power to overcome traction & go enjoy your self.

going fast in a straight line is kids play, and it should be left in the nursery for the two year olds.

drivers cars are few & far between & maybe they should only be owned by people that can appreciate the benefits.

I hope you all enjoy your 350bhp scooby's & big turbo FWD cars as much as granddads enjoy their 1.6 MX5's.

:cheers:

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i still would love a skyline r34gtr, looks the dogs nuts and just and awesome car

there was a supposidly 1600bhp one on video kicking around the net somewhere

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
cupra R con said:
so a Boxster is **** now is it, do you know what pleasure you can actually get from owning a 'drivers' car?

most people who drive boxters dont own them for pleasure, but for impressing their neighbours, the rest just couldnt afford a 911

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
acidstrato said:
most people who drive boxters dont own them for pleasure, but for impressing their neighbours, the rest just couldnt afford a 911
whilst i may partly agree that some owners never drive them as intended, i stand by my comments, & that the Boxster could never be described as '****'!

really, go & drive one, you may get an idea as to where I'm coming from.
a Boxster S is every bit a match for a standard older 3.4 911 around a track.

Porsche know the Boxster is the more focused car, thats where they went wrong with the cayman, trying to make a more focused car than a 911, but failing to give it enough power to do so, so as not to devalue the '911' badge.

you may want to reverse your last comment, but maybe you know better ;)

:cheers:

nick radwell

not that new
Nov 12, 2004
aylesbury
well i can let u know ive got my 350z now and its awesome no going back to seat for me. shame tho as the old 130tdi was a good car but the new 1s are just to similar and common! and ill just say also not all about power the chassis is great with traction too lsd as standard and the sound from its is superb as it is a race derived engine!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise