d/v fluttering

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
i moved my d/v from the TIP to the throttle body, and since doing this its fluttering. is this something to do with the spring being too hard or too soft?

is there any easy solution to fix this.. apart from moving it back to the TIP :rolleyes:

would a split-r valve get rid of the fluttering if its properly adjusted?

oh, its an AMD Turbosmart D/V btw.
http://www.amdtechnik.com/product.details.cfm?ProductID=17&VariantID=43&ReferenceID=2054

Thanks

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
If you relocated it properly then it should be fine. Split R will take you a long time to set up properly, but when done its good. However turbosmart is good too. Isn;t there a way to set them up as well? Have you done this after moving it to cold side?

If you want to know you done it properly PM myki or look at his old thread. He had the turbosmart and did the relocation

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
oh, the fluttering shouldn't be causing a problem should it? doesn't mean that my turbo is on its way out of anything?

is it okay to have the D/V before the throttle body?

i've mounted it the same way as it was on the TIP.. sitting on the throttle body pipe like it did on the TIP.
i'm going to check all the pipes tonight for splits :)

Backdraft

Should be like this

DSC00282-1.jpg

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
ahhh, so i still need the bottom of my D/V to be connected to the TIP, not on the throttle body pipe?

i'll do that tonight and see what difference it makes :) cheers

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Lol that's why I said "if you connected it properly"

get that changed. FLuttering isn't really great. could cause your turbo to stall...

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
yes should be normal...I have this too slightly...when I first drive off I don;t even hear turbo spooling (but then again you shouldn;t be flooring it anyway until engine is at proper temps)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.