Dab aerial converter

Nov 8, 2020
Hi, I’ve fitted a dab radio unit and the reception is pretty poor with the basic windscreen aerial. I was looking to upgrade the roof aerial and then spotted this standard aerial converter which seems cheap, easy to fit and will work on the basis that the existing aerial is not powered

https://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/product/kinetic-daa-7001-fm-am-to-fm-am-dab-aerial-converter-splitter/

So before I make a complete pigs ear of removing the roof lining to find out, my question for anyone who has fitted an aerial or aerial converter, is the standard aerial on a 2007 6L powered/ boosted?
Thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
All the factory fitted aerial pre-amps are powered, it would help if you knew exactly where the radio pre-amp is located and what the part numbers of the various aerial preamps are, then buy a used one from an online source - that would still mean adding in a second aerial screened lead, typically these pre-amps are located the rear pillar trims and the new leads can be run along the sills etc - that was how it was with my 2011 Audi S4 when I swopped a non DAB radio for a DAB one.

Though maybe an aftermarket convertor is now good enough, cheaper and easier to add.

Edit:- it could be on older cars that all the pre-amps are fitted into the aerial base though!

Reactions: Eastie20
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise