DAB radio and GPS

Jul 26, 2023
Hi,

I've got an ibiza 2016 tsi, had it for a few years and the DAB has been very poor since I've had it, only work 25% of the time on a good day, also now and again the GPS on the sat nav is erratic, it does refind itself though.

I've tried all the resets etc... I'd like to know where to start, I've checked the 3 wires on the aerial and all look OK.

I've literally unplugged all and drove locally unplugged and GPS was acting as normal with a bit of erratic, FM not perfect and odd crackle and MW non existent, also DAB non existent.

I'm literally stumped, good it be the aerial? I don't even know where the amplifier is for DAB, I was told its on the base of the aerial but not sure.

I'd really like DAB to be working properly.

rdraheim

Jul 18, 2023
Hi,

I've got an ibiza 2016 tsi, had it for a few years and the DAB has been very poor since I've had it, only work 25% of the time on a good day, also now and again the GPS on the sat nav is erratic, it does refind itself though.

I've tried all the resets etc... I'd like to know where to start, I've checked the 3 wires on the aerial and all look OK.

I've literally unplugged all and drove locally unplugged and GPS was acting as normal with a bit of erratic, FM not perfect and odd crackle and MW non existent, also DAB non existent.

I'm literally stumped, good it be the aerial? I don't even know where the amplifier is for DAB, I was told its on the base of the aerial but not sure.

I'd really like DAB to be working properly.
I have a 2011 Golf with FM/AM only (no DAB) and no SATNAV.

However, I believe that the FM antenna is within the upper compartment of rear hatch above the window.

I had an issue where the FM signal was extremely poor for a period of 12-18 months. This was coupled with an intense smell of window washer fluid inside the passenger compartment. I found that the window washer fluid was collecting within the spare tyre well.

It turns out that the washer fluid hose for the rear wiper cracked and was letting fluid into the rear of the car by running under the plastic panels mounted vertically on the rear hatch. Furthermore, it turns out that the fluid was running over the FM antenna above the rear hatch window. This seems to be a common problem with VAG cars in general.

Thus, I would check whether you have water ingress above the hatch window or have washer fluid leaking into the hatch itself when the rear wiper is activated.

I have since remedied this issue and the FM reception has been perfect since. Thus, you might have water/moisture ingress into that area. Here: https://www.seatia.com/secon-1122.html

Good luck.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or you'd like further clarification.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.