Damian's Leon #red_black project (NOW SOLD)

Petey41

Aug 18, 2013
Northern Ireland
LEDs are from ebay.
Sidelights: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360784211708?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Rear Bulbs: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400531272348?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Also managed to fit in my HIDs. They look sweet. I bought H7R 6k kit which is perfect with my Day Running Lights. They have some blue tint to it but not too much which looks great!
P2qS37S.jpg

Left is HID right is the "Super White 100W Bulb".

LEDs for the sidelights will go in shortly, as currently one of them has been damaged and has to be replaced.

Regards.

Cheers mate! Would you have the link to the HIDs handy? They look well, good wee build here man!

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Updated the thread with some new upcoming mods. Main change is that the car audio in my car will be a little different as decided that system worth few grand will not be worth of installing and going for something standard with just new headunit, active sub woofer and silent coats on doors. Will see about the speakers but just keeping that for now.

Bought this, just waiting for it to arrive:
productpic_CDE-175R_vTuner_red_01.jpg

Also got LED sidelights: (Left is the LEDs, right is "snow white")
tOIblch.jpg

Link for the sidelights: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360784211708?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Peace!

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So my radio came with an arm rest. Few more things for the interior and then I'll start with the outside of the car. Also, a nice little (not that little ;)) change is coming this Tuesday. ;) stay tuned for photos :)

YtmSZeA.jpg

Pictures of the radio and the arm rest installed will be posted tomorrow.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
oooooo like that head unit!

Cheers mate! Gotta say, it's quite impressive. I seen most of the head units at this price range and none of them where as good as this alpine.

There are 4 different illumination colours, although I like the blue:
Wy7npof.jpg

zJ0yl81.jpg

0Cd6oYs.jpg

5x3PZfp.jpg

Next step in the future for my audio is getting an active sub, connecting the pillar speakers and in summer silent coats on doors. I might buy new speakers, but will have to see.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
New Exhaust System!

So, got my exhaust system done at Simon Custom Exhausts, near Glasgow. Custom system starts from centre pipe, to custom backbox and finally new tailpipe. Its obviously stainless steel. Looks good, sounds good and some improvement in performance. Now all whats left is de-cat manifold, but that'll be later in the year!

Yes, I know my car is dirty! Will wash it tomorrow and post some more photos!
5mboQVl.jpg

DWj8GlR.jpg

oUabd3b.jpg

Video of the exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFUJJXpYiNA

Now, few more interior changes coming soon! One of them is W8 Light. (thanks to csd_19 !) There are some big interior changes coming soon, but will keep it a secret until I install it. ;)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2011
hull
Cars coming along nicely I like and that me a very good choice of head unit alpine are defo the best choice of rad units

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Cars coming along nicely I like and that me a very good choice of head unit alpine are defo the best choice of rad units

Cheers mate! They are indeed really good!

Few more interior changes coming soon! Some of them will be quite impressive!
Also, tinting my rear talilights soon!

After winter, planning to buy those:
1.jpg

Alloys link

What yous thinking?

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, some changes coming to the car. Im sort of on a spending spree, but its going to be worth it, also it brings me pleasure. :whistle:

Little sneak peak of one of the changes coming. There is loads to come.
IvmQNJ8.jpg

Also bought lovely washer cap for only 17 quid! It was the only one and managed to buy it 2 minutes after the auction started. :lol: Im addicted to buying stuff for my car and with every thing I promise myself its the last thing in a while but I always brake that promise. :shrug:
Washer cap: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301079093468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Applied a "buildnotbought" sticker in red on the windscreen but will upload a photo tomorrow.

Also bought a nice richbrook gear knob which of course doesn't fit my mechanism. If anyone got any knowledge about those (if I can change it, any gear knobs for this mechanism, anything?) I will be really thankful because this is 3rd gearknob that doesn't fit.
XfNb3jN.jpg

Cheers

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, a bit of work done today. Most of it finished but still got the worst part left. [:@]

Installed my 12" Active Edge Sub with 900w Amp. Quite decent I gotta say.
ODYIaHN.jpg

tc9i5GP.jpg

And a little sneak peak. ;> More photos hopefully tomorrow when everything will be finished.
1kQwVdi.jpg

Last edited:

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, leather interior completed. Now just gonna install silent coats on the doors, but that's a different story.

Vos6dWq.jpg

b4YUFe2.jpg

TWzFHBr.jpg

d79qIdW.jpg

JoUEFOQ.jpg

RziSR1b.jpg

M93IxJS.jpg

hskEVFE.jpg

0YwiuYv.jpg

BS4TCBq.jpg

lWvZrB6.jpg

So, this is what I've been working on lately:
- Installing loom for the leather electric front seats
- Installing cables for the subwoofer and the subwoofer itself
- Installing the new leather seats
- Converting my doorcards to same plastic but with leather (terrible, hard work - but possible for anyone wondering.)
- Dark tint on door cards puddle lights (looks sweet. Completed the dark interior look I wanted.)

And thats all. ;) May not seem much but all of that took me around 20 hours. Obviously its with figuring out, cleaning and stuff like that.

Big shout out and many thanks to our forum member: csd_19 who made this possible for me. Not only I got this great interior from him, he wrote a very specified instructions for the loom and helped me with my errors after. (blown fuse, duh)

Cheers!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members