Daniel M's FR PD170 - Fixed 24.07.2017

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Small update, nothing too exciting.

Fitted my bonnet strut which consists of an Audi A3 bonnet strut, M8 ball studs & custom brackets.

2256DAB9-BCE7-4BC0-8523-A4343FCABAE3.jpg

B199B73A-EA44-43BC-96EF-BEAABB20F08F.jpg

Also gave the engine bay a good old clean.

Before
F444026D-391D-4E9E-9637-22124335333C.jpg

After
BC1DB618-2932-4A7D-A3FD-41B4BE8E1AB3.jpg

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Little update today.

Fitted my 15mm spacers & mud flaps.

Before

AEF2C341-F25A-489E-8E52-9B623D7D00D3.jpg

After

7EDB99CD-4561-47E3-A342-3A0CDDF2502F.jpg

Before

4B39CF19-C3FB-4BC1-8B88-F38BBCE93E81.jpg

After
CF4592B0-BB0B-429A-84EA-1462259E3EA9.jpg

Before
E4AAFFF3-10DA-4E72-B812-C9874A8F7A73.jpg

After
5077BBF7-5540-4733-B71E-961912D00821.jpg

And one of the front mud flaps just for the sake of it. Please ignore the state of the car.

9EA5DB66-E96A-45EF-B43E-29766E5AB08D.jpg

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
The vast majority of them have been scrapped judging by how many 'breaking for spares' threads there are on 306Gti-6.com

Would love one to fix up/restore

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Been looking into changing my aerial for a while now ,did you have a nightmare removing your old one mate.Also can you remember where you ordered your interior bulbs from?

Last edited:

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Been looking into changing my ariel for a while now ,did you have a nightmare removing your old one mate.Also can you remember where you ordered your interior bulbs from?

Funny enough changed my ariel yesterday and yes a bugger to get of because of the little gromet thing at end a good tug was needed

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Funny enough changed my ariel yesterday and yes a bugger to get of because of the little gromet thing at end a good tug was needed

Cheers mate I've been told they can be a nightmare,lol my fingers are only just recovering after my wiper mod.So will get this done I think as the original is like a bloomin CB aerial :D

Last edited:

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Been looking into changing my aerial for a while now ,did you have a nightmare removing your old one mate.Also can you remember where you ordered your interior bulbs from?

The aerial wasn't too hard to change but as mentioned in the reply above a good tug is needed. I think I got them off eBay after finding out the correct sizes I just ordered them individually. I know there's a place that does them in a pack but cant remember their name..

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Nice update today.

Got round to giving the FR a good clean and finally fitted my Triple R rear diffuser. Fitment of the diffuser isnt great out of the box as I will show in the photos, but overall I think it makes the car look much better and meaner.

Was trying my new SLR out today hence the amount of photos :)

Before's

Valet Pro Citrus APC and a rinse with the PW left me with this.

I then washed the car using the 2BM with various mitts. I then dried the car and moved it half onto the drive to fit the Triple R diffuser. Fitting wasnt as easy as expected, plus I'd forgotten to buy some sticky pads for the number plate so had to take a trip to halfords mid way through haha.

Number plate removed

Partially fitted

I then gave the car a good coat of Nattys paste wax (pink), dressed the tyres with Megs endurance gel and treated the black plastics to AG Trim gel. I finished off by refitting the number plate. Pretty happy overall, though the diffuser needs a few tweeks to be perfect but cant complain for £70.

This shows where the diffuser needs the edges painting and where its fitting needs to be better.

Comments welcome.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Seems as though they all fit slightly different I'm guessing it's due to the manufacturing process they have as its from a mold.Thinner tape will definatly help though.Havent looked at the current fittment on my original valance but wondering if it can be removed and replaced with this. Thus giving a tighter fit! once mine arrives it's something I'll look into.None the less still looking good. Enjoy your new dslr mate. Got a nikon myself last year massive step up from your average point and shoot jobs.Bet your impressed with all the features.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Seems as though they all fit slightly different I'm guessing it's due to the manufacturing process they have as its from a mold.Thinner tape will definatly help though.Havent looked at the current fittment on my original valance but wondering if it can be removed and replaced with this. Thus giving a tighter fit! once mine arrives it's something I'll look into.None the less still looking good. Enjoy your new dslr mate. Got a nikon myself last year massive step up from your average point and shoot jobs.Bet your impressed with all the features.

It wont replace the original part as it doesnt have all the clips on it like the original does otherwise it would be far easier to swap. Yeah still getting to grips with the camera, reading up on all the features.

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
Does the diffuser just fasten on to the original one then? It does look a lot better than standard, the gloss stands out well.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Does the diffuser just fasten on to the original one then? It does look a lot better than standard, the gloss stands out well.

Yeah it goes over the original. All you have to do is take the screws out of the underside of the existing one and put the triple r one over the top. You can drill holes so you can use the number plate screws to hold the top or do like me and use sticky pads.

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
Looking good, and very shiny!

Does anyone have the Triple R front splitter on their car, and if so, does it have the same fitment issues?

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
WTF! That fitment is terrible, thanks mate you've just saved me £120 :D

very surprising they're supplying them like that.

cars looking good though!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.