Dan's MK2 Emocion Red Leon Cupra...Now with Lamin-X...

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
More modding today :D

First up, this idea I stole from Mike (TFSI_Mike) :D Think it's brilliant, would have never thought to put it there but glad I did as it suits the black headlining very well!
The wire is all hidden behind the plastics etc but need to plump it in this week from the fuse box;
IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Next up was one of these trusty ol' things....extra 10bhp I heard ;) Yellow to match my theme;

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Didn't get round to removing the dealer sticker, but I will this week :)

Then decided to have a play with some vinyl, now I'm not the greatest when it comes to vinyl.....which is why I'm gonna spray it haha, doesn't look too bad for now :)

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
nice updates mate :) how hard is it to vinyl the grill? wanna do it to mine but im not sure one a black car.

Grill isn't too hard mate, but when the car is back I'll be spraying it as there's too many bubbles in the vinyl :(

I always thought the chrome Seat badge broke up the front of a black Cupra nicely, with the black grill and everything?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
well i want the wheels to go the dark grey like on the rear bumper insert. might also paint the front grills that colour also like on the old mk4 cupra.

anyway im spamming your thread.. again lol

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Update time;

These were a little unexpected today, but needed to be done, so without further a-do and £200 lighter;
IMG_0111.jpg

New front discs and pads, weird that my car didn't have the brake wear connector for some reason? Anyway, hell of an improvement over what it was like before! The 345mm callipers a p*ss easy to get off, then 2 large bolts for the carriers and then a good old wack with a rubber mallet and the disc was off, took about 1:30hours to do both sides :)

Then these went on;
IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

10mm front and 13mm rear, H+R, had them on my Audi. I think that they are brilliant quality for what they are! I was admiring them today while cleaning them up for fitment on the Leon and can understand why they cost a few bob :)

And for tomorrow is this;
IMG_0108.jpg

Because the car currently looks like this *:sad1:
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

So, now I have a full day to myself tomorrow, plan is;

Get the car jet washed including the wheel arches and use karcher foam wash,
Wash the car using 2 bucket method,
Rinse,
Get to work on the alloys and brake callipers,
Clay bar,
Wax,
Polish

And then we should be good to go for pictures, also need to get my front S badge painted tomorrow :)