Daytime Running Lights

asohotra

Dec 21, 2017
I programmed via VCDS for the fog lights to be DLR on my 2007 SEAT Altea tdi but for some reason, the side lights come on as well.

Tell

Staff member
Probably a Scandinavia requirements. The DLR requirement in Europe was for Scandinavia then spread. They probably said in their spec or it got specced in fog lights as well in the mod. The Spanish Seat lads like to play with their lights so it might have come off a Spanish board.

I decided to steer clear of any fog light modding on my Ateca since it's a performance to get at. Pre face lifted they were standard halogen bulbs, the rest of the front, LEDs. Seat sold the Xcellence as fully LED in 2016... err no assorted back lights were not LED either. Mind you it does have LED DLRs.

Reckon for DLR you want LED else you'd be replacing the light bulbs all the time... like this house with many sunken ceiling lights, I changed all the high use ones to LED. The halogen ones were going all the time in all the rooms, also when they failed they tripped the fuse :unsure: (that happened atleast twice in different rooms think the house halogens must collapse and short when they go). So yes you might want to think about getting LED bulbs into them if not LED already. Like the house ones now maintenance free.

Reactions: asohotra

asohotra

Dec 21, 2017
Probably a Scandinavia requirements. The DLR requirement in Europe was for Scandinavia then spread. They probably said in their spec or it got specced in fog lights as well in the mod. The Spanish Seat lads like to play with their lights so it might have come off a Spanish board.

I decided to steer clear of any fog light modding on my Ateca since it's a performance to get at. Pre face lifted they were standard halogen bulbs, the rest of the front, LEDs. Seat sold the Xcellence as fully LED in 2016... err no assorted back lights were not LED either. Mind you it does have LED DLRs.

Reckon for DLR you want LED else you'd be replacing the light bulbs all the time... like this house with many sunken ceiling lights, I changed all the high use ones to LED. The halogen ones were going all the time in all the rooms, also when they failed they tripped the fuse :unsure: (that happened atleast twice in different rooms think the house halogens must collapse and short when they go). So yes you might want to think about getting LED bulbs into them if not LED already. Like the house ones now maintenance free.
Many thanks for your reply Tell. I have decided not to use this mod.