Dielectric grease treatment.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Guys don't forget to do the DIELECTRIC GREASE treatment on your MAF[Mas Airflow Sensor] on your new Mk11 Leon.Just done mine this morning and I swear it is even smoother than before,or is it my imagination.
You need to remove the cover cap on the sensor by unclipping from the side then remove the plug by depressing the side clip and give it a tug.For anyone that doesn't know the sensor is located on the top of the airbox on the pipe to engine air intake,NOT COLD AIR FEED PIPE. Daub the connectors with DIELECTRIC GREASE that you can buy off ebay if you want,then plug and unplug a few times,then reapply some more grease and refit plug and don't forget to replace the plug cover cap.I did not have to totally remove the cover cap,just moved it enough to get at the plug clip.BINGO.Car runs really smoothly.
Even if you don't think it makes a difference at worst it is a preventative measure for the future although I reckon it has done the business on mine even though cars only covered 7.5k.:D

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Still not sure myself whether it's the grease or just the plugging/unplugging that's making the difference.

As you say, though, might as well do it (it costs next to nothing)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
This has been tried with a guy I know on here. He has a 140 BHP MK2 Leon

He has tried this with zero positive effects.

He had his car RR'd with negative RR numbers that could have been the grease or just air temp etc etc

But 100% no positive effects

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Doesn't make electricity flow quicker just a cleaner contact and more protected.ROLLING ROAD has virtually no bearing on the grease factor as all the grease does is make a cleaner contact so reading has no different effect at all but to make the reading more improved if anything.
This treatment has a more effective and noticeable outcome on cars with higher mileage or older vehicles.

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
As I said its preventative in the long run and I feel its done something for my car.
Yeah I get your drift.... also depends if you like to 'fiddle' with things under the bonnet, personally I know bugger all apart from where the water and oil go.... oh and where the air filter goes cos I watched the guy fit it for me!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.