Disc Brake Size on 2005 Reference Sport TDi

Rustyk1

I'm replacing all my discs and pads on my 140bhp TDi ref sport. It's on 45k miles and all discs are getting a bit lipped.

Annoyingly, I can't get the wheels off until the weekend, and need to check what size discs I need so I can get them ordered.

I think it takes 280mm on the fronts and 255mm on the back. Is this correct?

Also, probably going to get from ECP, Pagid discs and ATE pads all round. Does anyone have any opinions on these? This combo?

If anyone's interested, total cost is going to be £165 all in. Seems pretty good value to me!

Thinking about bleeding and replacing brake fluid with dot 5.1 Anybody else done this? Or not worth it?

Thanks for all your help!

jlovrek

Dec 16, 2006
Croatia
I'm replacing all my discs and pads on my 140bhp TDi ref sport. It's on 45k miles and all discs are getting a bit lipped.

Annoyingly, I can't get the wheels off until the weekend, and need to check what size discs I need so I can get them ordered.

I think it takes 280mm on the fronts and 255mm on the back. Is this correct?

Also, probably going to get from ECP, Pagid discs and ATE pads all round. Does anyone have any opinions on these? This combo?

If anyone's interested, total cost is going to be £165 all in. Seems pretty good value to me!

Thinking about bleeding and replacing brake fluid with dot 5.1 Anybody else done this? Or not worth it?

Thanks for all your help!

the fronts are 288mm...

Rustyk1

Thanks guys, I'm pretty glad I asked now! 288mm discs it is. Looks like the website basically says you can use any on the TDi, which is clearly not true. Saved me a right ball ache!

What about Pagid discs and ATE pads? Anyone had any experience?

Anyone used replacement parts from SEAT? How much did these cost?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members