do Cupra Tdi's smoke quite a bit on WOT

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
picked up my cupra Tdi on saturday, love the torque, seems faster than i remember my old revo'd FR,

Anyway, noticed that when i proper floor it and take through the gear i get a lot of black smoke, but only when i proper floor it hard with wide open throttle, Is this normal as i don;t remember noticing it as much on my old FR ( however that was newer too with only 11000 miles as apposed to 50k on this one i have now.

stu 157-330

Aug 6, 2009
West lothian
tdi cupra

Hi, considering what the tdi cupra's capable of, it's not really a suprise that it's smokey at full throttle, i've put millers sport 4, and stp through mine, but it still billows out smoke..

mine has had combustion issues of late, but i'll update the post if the smoke gets lessens..

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
i get abit of a smoke screen in my remapped fr but appears only at full throttle in 5th and 6 th from around 3500rpm and over. it may be smokey at other times and i havnt noticed.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
oh thats good,

just checking as i did'nt want it to be a bad thing, i love it in fact,

first day of owning it and i pissed off a 325i beemer, i'm loving it again, can;t wait to turn the REVO on at the end of the week

thanks

Aimez

who cares you can't see it lol! Went to RR day at Amd and a lad from near me bought his 08 plate TDI sport and it smoked everyone out of the unit on the rollers. I thought it was bad when I was behind him driving up (again only when he floored it) but the person behind me said mine was not like his. He think it is cos of the remap the previous owner put on the car. Not sure if he has sorted it with an Amd map yet.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.