Do turbo intake pipes collapse on chipped cars?

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Is this likely? I know there is a video on the forge site but has anyone seen it happen?

Cheers

p.s are the TIPs on the forge site actually made by Samco??

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i've only seen it happen on the video on forge's website. forge will tell you that their tip's are different to samco's and they are better......... i hope so as ive just ordered one!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yes, they've been know to collapse on several cars - just hard to proove as u need your car on a rollers to see it happen.

ForgeMotorsport

We have seen the hoses collapse on many cars on dynos testing .

The fact that you are doing away with the nasty bottom alloy piece and the restrictive oem hose with a smooth one piece part helps no end , we have seen one set of dyno figures that showed 13 BHP increase over standard , I dont for a minute think it made quite 13 BHP but we have seen 5 BHP + consistantly and its a great " all round " addition to complement ecu upgrades , exhaust etc .

We have some good stock at the moment and the hoses are 100% not Samco , they are manufactured for Forge by www.siliconhoses.com

and

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
ForgeMotorsport said:
We have seen the hoses collapse on many cars on dynos testing .

The fact that you are doing away with the nasty bottom alloy piece and the restrictive oem hose with a smooth one piece part helps no end , we have seen one set of dyno figures that showed 13 BHP increase over standard , I dont for a minute think it made quite 13 BHP but we have seen 5 BHP + consistantly and its a great " all round " addition to complement ecu upgrades , exhaust etc .

We have some good stock at the moment and the hoses are 100% not Samco , they are manufactured for Forge by www.siliconhoses.com

and

Pete - op's car is a 225, it doesn't have "the nasty alloy piece"

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.