Doctor G... the search is over!

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Saw your car at AmD yesterday.. looking great :)

Hello mate, I'm assuming that was your black LCR there yesterday. If so you've got a very nice motor. Did you have any work done there yesterday? I felt like a school boy in a sweet shop looking at all the bit you can buy. lol

Jimmeh

Hello mate, I'm assuming that was your black LCR there yesterday. If so you've got a very nice motor. Did you have any work done there yesterday? I felt like a school boy in a sweet shop looking at all the bit you can buy. lol

Haha same here. It's a very impressive workshop they have there. Yeah that was mine.. was in for a full service and cambelt, also had the 5 hour REVO trial whilst i was there.

Did you go for the AmD or REVO map? I'm seriously impressed with the REVO trial so far

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Totally agree it's a hell of a workshop! So im guessing you're local? I'm from colchester so unfortunately it's just a little to far for a service. Although i am considering making the drive next time after seeing the workshop yesterday! :think:

I went for the AMD map in the end as i was after a smoother power delviery. I'm very happy indeed with the results :drive1: I hear the Revo is pretty explosive in it's delivery. How have you found it?

It would be interesting to compair the two back to back? Are you thinking of buying one?

If you're close enough and you want a passenger ride i'd be more than happy to take you out in mine!

Jimmeh

I'm about an hour away from AmD in Hertfordshire, but well worth the drive I think!

I'd agree about the Revo map, loads of extra grunt in the low - mid rev range. I'll definately be going back for the map soon :)

Thanks for the offer of a passanger ride! Would be good to compare them... i'm hoping there will be a meet or another rolling road day sometime soon

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Its been a while since i've update, i been sorting all my pics so i though i would upload a few....

DSCF1974.jpg

DSCF1898.jpg

DSCF1910-1.jpg

DSCF1931.jpg

DSCF1578.jpg

DSCF1919.jpg

DSCF1904.jpg

DSCF1920.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
good pics doc,
sometimes i wish i had bought the platinum colour, when i got mine it was a toos up between platinum and luna/arctic grey....mine only won cos it had 3000 miles on clock compared with 6600 for the platinum...

car looks good though buddy, im sure you would have enjoyed a custom code map too...i have never known anything to be more addictive than performance modifications, have done it too my first car then i grew up and told myself this car is staying standard!..that lasted oooh 6 months hahah

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Cheers Dolby, I didn’t really have a particular colour I was after, to be honest it just kind of fell in my lap! It definitely one of my favorite colours for LCR's! I really like the Luna/artic grey, it looks so nice when its clean. I would have been more than happy to find one in that colour!

I totally agree with the addiction to performance modifications, it was only when i listed the modification in an advert for my previous car (E36 BMW) did i realized how many modification i had done, the cost of the work done far exceeded the value of the car. I literally replaced every suspension component on the car, as well as many other mods, but i had soooo much fun doing it, I still really miss power sliding around the roundabouts every morning on the way to work!

I've only had an AMD remap since November and I’ve already adjusted to the power, and I’m now craving more. its only when i drive other performance cars do i realized how quick mine is, once you've adjusted to a mod its easy to forget how it was before.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
very very true about adjusting to the performance.....ive driven a standard LCR last year and i didnt wanna offend the owner but it was sooo slow even though it was 225 bhp, and ive recently driven my mates scooby WRX and mine would kill it...much to the bemusement of 'non car people'......'your car wont beat a scooby' is all i hear, people just dont realise this car has the mk1 audi S3 engine....

could never part with my car, i have made it the car it should of left the factory...and as my thread suggests- more subtle the better, mine looks completely standard...although now its fully paid i will be going either stage 2 for reliability or maybe hybrid if my pockets are deep enough lol

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
I really like the fact that people under estimate the LCR's, i've always like driving sleepers.... there is nothing more satisifying that having a tusel with someone in a quick car and leaving them for dust! It's childish i know, but i'll never get bored of doing it.:D

I took a friend for a blast the other day and he clearly didnt believe me when i told him it made 260BHP and 290lb/ft on the RR, the look on his face was priceless! :scary:

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Since my last update I’ve had a few bit to spend out on, the AMD remap took it toll on my tires so a new set of front tires were needed. I opted for the Toyo T1-R in the end, after having them on my E36 BMW it was an easy decision.

Had some twat take my driver side mirror off,to say I was pissed off would be an understatement[:@], shortly afterwards this I hit a hare at 90MPH on the M1,:wtf: it scare the living $hit out of me.... thankfully only the splitter was damage.

On a positive note it flew through the MOT, with only an advisory for the front pads. These have since been changed for some Ferodo DS-2500. While it was getting an MOT done i also got an oil service carried out.

- 2 no. Tires Toyo Proxies T 1 - R £220
- MOT £50
- New front splitter £25
- Oil Service £100
- New driver side wing mirror £200
- Front brake pads, Ferodo's DS-2500 £110

Total cost since last update £680

Total cost to date £8875

Next month i plan on having a Dog bone engine mount fitted to help reduce the wheel hop as well a full 4W laser assignment.

Thanks for reading.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Nice Pics especially on foreign soil. I took my LCR to Le Mans and was one of my all time favourite road trips with the car, probably a reason why i havent sold it yet.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Nice Pics especially on foreign soil. I took my LCR to Le Mans and was one of my all time favourite road trips with the car, probably a reason why i havent sold it yet.

Cheers:)

You've got to love euro road trips, its was the first proper trip in my LCR and it was absolutely flawless. I feel in love with my car on that trip.

The Le Man road trip is something i would love to do at some point, hopefully i'll get to do it at some point soon.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Weitec Hicon TX coilovers order today

Well after reading numerous threads about suspensions kits I've talked my self into buying the Weitec Hicon GT coilover kit. It seem to have got some very positive reviews, and it nice to know they're owned by KW.:D

It was order from awesome GTI earlier today and should be with me by Tuesday / Wednesday next week. All being well i should be able to get them fitted saturday next week.

I've also decided to replace the top mounts and the bearings while i'm at it. I'd like to replace the bushes too but unfortunately funds don't permit. :(

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Great pics mate. Seems like you have had a little bad luck lately, I too have unfortunately experienced this by hitting a bird, luckily for once I was going slow!! Car looks fab!

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Re: The Doctor's LCR 225 *update* AMD Remap

Had a package in the post the other day :)

681c169a.jpg

I've ordered some new front and rear top mounts as well as some replacement bearings. I've booked it to be fitted for next weekend, its going to be a long week.