Door locking

kennyh

Sep 29, 2015
Hi when I stop and take out ignition key all doors stay locked from the outside. I can open the drivers door with the latch and then the door will open from the outside (all doors open from the inside) but all other doors stay locked. They all open with the button on the console the fob and with the key. Any idea's thanks. Ken.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It sounds like auto-unlock is turned off. There might be an option in the MFD for this. There definitely is in facelift cars but I'm not sure about pre-facelift.

Has this just started happening on a car it previously worked on, or is this a car that's new to you / unknown history?

kennyh

Sep 29, 2015
Hi Rusty2k I have had the car for several years and this has just started to happen?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
In that case a fault with the ignition switch and/or wiring would be my first port of call.

Do you have access to diagnostics? Ignition switch errors will usually be flagged and have a fault code.

kennyh

Sep 29, 2015
Hi I checked in my owners manual and it says how to reset several things and the locking system can be changed. Forgot all about the MFD till you mentioned it. I will check it out. Thanks a lot for your help. 🤗 KEN.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members