DPF Light Came On To Tonight Advice Needed?

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Got my 1st ever DPF light on tonight. The car has done 22k miles since December 2006.

Had a remap done in June now tonight got my 1st DPF. I went on the dual carrigeway in 4th about 60/70mph and the light went off but still felt a bit funny.

Now I need advice should I still be worried or has the light going off means am ok again?

Can someone give me some tips on how to control this if you can even do this?

And also is there any DPF addivites I here you can use at all?

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Most of the time I do motorway miles at about 60/70mph will this block it up at under 2000k revs? Should I really be crusing down the motroway at least 2000k revs?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I also notie the car has been idling at 1000k revs today from 0.75k is this a sign of something?

Just the car going into regen mode. But I have found that it doesn't always idle at 1k when in regen mode, so whether it depends on how clogged up it is, I'm not sure. Having a remap will produce more soot so motorway driving is best. You've done right by doing what you did to get rid of the light. And if it's gone off, I'd say there is nothing more to worry about but be weary if it comes on often as the dealer will charge you for a manual regen as it's not a warranted part.

Danny.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
had my dpf come on for the first time tonight, not surprising as my drive to work is 4 miles and always doing really short trips. All i did was a 8 mile drive at just over 40mph in 4th gear and sorted light gone out and is fine now!!!

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
well mine has not come on since, but i have been doing 80-100mph on the motorway to work and back the last 2 days covering just under 100 miles so that must of cleaned it up. Which it has so far.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members