DPJ's GTRS Eliminator Install and Development

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
what FMIC are you going with? are you planning on making the pipe work go beside the battery?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I decided this morning that I'm going to grind a few mm off the bottom of the turbo compressor inlet just below the bottom bolt hole, rather than take a chunk off the diff housing. The lip on the diff housing must give it some strengthening.
P1010035.jpg

Last edited:

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
maybe we should advise ATP to include an angle grinder as a part of the kit when you are fitting to a 6 speed application lol!

keep all the progress pics coming! a good read this thread is!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I decided this morning that I'm going to grind a few mm off the bottom of the turbo compressor inlet just below the bottom bolt hole, rather than take a chunk off the diff housing. The lip on the diff housing must give it some strengthening.
P1010035.jpg

Should've clocked the compressor :whistle:

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
you can clock it to keep the CHRA at the same point if you also loosen the exhaust housing nuts,

but you are right, keep it as it is, you dont want the exit not pointing up, just makes life a PITA

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
The thing is, it fits. I just want to give it a bit of clearance for expansion. The piece of the compressor inlet beneath the bolt hole isn't doing anything. It will aesthetically pleasing with a flat on the bottom. :D

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
So it'll be a runner this weekend then dave?

I'm just hoping my brackets and mani are welded up and ready to pick up later this afternoon.

I realised I was a 75mm silicon coupler short between ATP metal tip and maf - Forge have said they'll try their best to post one first class today.

So yes, I hope I can be running (plumbed temporarily into OEM intercooler pipework).

I'll keep posting here.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I just nipped out to try to get some liquid PTFE for the threaded connections.

I ended up with something that might be better... :think:

From Wolseley Plumb Centre
Jet Blue Plus.
Apply to male threads only.
Can be used on steel, aluminium, brass, copper, iron, polythene, PVC.

Recommended for threaded pipes carrying air, ammonia, brine, butane/propane CO2, dilute caustics, diesel, heating oils, natural gas, nitrogen, refrigerants, steam, water, helium hydraulic oil, inert gases, kerosene, LPG.

Working temperature -46C to 260C
Max working pressure 10000 psi liquids, 2000psi gases.

It cost me £12.40 for a 500g tub but I've got plenty of other future uses for it.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
My tame welder just called past to deliver the two custom brackets (Big bore inlet mounting bracket and shifter cable bracket) and the manifold.

I'll post pictures when the brackets are painted, but really good work!

I need to give the manifold weld some attention with a dremel to smooth it off ( he didn't have a tool to get inside) but he's achieved great penetration into the crack.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Forge didn't let me down! The postman came bright and early with a little package. I'd begged Forge to post me a coupler First Class yesterday - they sent it Special Delivery. :worship:

I discovered yesterday that Halfords don't sell G12 coolant - or G-anything for that matter. Mrs DPJ's task this morning....

No where's that Dremel?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.