Drivers door speakers not working

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi folks, my drivers side speakers have stopped working - the main & tweeter - is there a common cause??
I have checked all wiring is still connected, there is no break /damage to to the loom going through the door hinge area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Not sure mate tbh. They don't have a proper crossover, they have a capacitor and inductor soldered across the 2 terminals, it's possible that the capacitor has shorted, it which case the headunit may cut that channel.

If you're sure that it's not the wiring then that's all i can really think of. I recently replaced mine as the orignal speaker material was literally falling apart.

Reactions: bruceR

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Update:
Bought a pair of tweeters off eBay to try, fitted one to drivers side and played about with fade & balance but still nothing
Started ramping the volume up/down and whacked it up full - guess what, all speakers now working !?!?!?!? WTF!!
All good now so not sure if I needed another tweeter or no, hey-ho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
could be a dry solider joint or a part broken wire or corrosion on the plug , electric contact cleaner works wonders i use that on plugs when i was replacing the locks just in case

Reactions: bruceR