driving Stage 1?

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Had my Leon c
Cupra 290 for a month now & love it! Just wondering what people think of its everyday driving after a stage one remap?
Also, any recommendations? I have seen mobile tuners & several in & around Glasgow?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
It’s good. How the car should have been from factory to be honest. I don’t notice it anymore. It pulls better lower in the rev ranges. I suppose you will going from stock to stage 1. I had a mobile guy come out n put a Quantum map on it. I’d go for a reputable company with good reviews. A lot of guys on here vouch for Revo and APR.

Reactions: missmouse

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Nah, traction is good in these cars. You have to understand your car, how much to press the peddle etc., not just floor it all the time. It’s FWD so once it’s rolling, traction isn’t an issue, and it puts its power down well. The only issue is launching. It’ll wheel hop/spin depending on if you have traction control on, how much you floor it etc. Once it hits 3rd it pulls like a train!

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
Perfect, don’t get a flash and dash my advice is same as above either go APR or go get a custom remap. There’s a million mile difference between a good custom map and a flash and dash from someone who doesn’t have a clue what they are doing and just lifts all limitations.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
It’s good. How the car should have been from factory to be honest. I don’t notice it anymore. It pulls better lower in the rev ranges. I suppose you will going from stock to stage 1. I had a mobile guy come out n put a Quantum map on it. I’d go for a reputable company with good reviews. A lot of guys on here vouch for Revo and APR.
It was a Quantum map I had on my previous 1.6TDI. Absolutely transformed the car, so much more drivaeable than standard, and significantly better on fuel economy as well. Would certainly recommend. Was thinking about doing the same to my current 2.0TDI 150, but the missus says no......

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
What about Revo?
There's a dealer in Glasgow.
Not cheap mind.
I’ve recently bought a 290 and had a Revo map put on straight away. Wakes the car up and it’s a lot of fun to drive. In all honestly my daily commute is a 30min stretch of motorway through a 50mph zone and it drives like any other normal car. Even gives me 45mpg every day which was a pleasant surprise. But of course the fun is when you find any open stretch that’s quiet and you can open up a bit more. Then you really feel the benefits of the extra tune. I’d def recommend it.

tony20

Apr 19, 2016
Blackpool
I've had my car on a stage 1 340bhp /450nm for 30,000 miles now, in that time I've had to replace the clutch and that's about it. The difference with the tune is night and day, best £500 I spent on the car I did start off with a flash map, but after getting a custom map I would never waste money on a flash again. I would highly recommend getting the powerflex engine mount and a better intake system before you map it. Without an uprated engine mount these cars wheel hop like it's going out of fashion, and the intake speaks for it's self, better sound and more air for a little extra umpff.

Flowjoe100

Mar 13, 2024
London
Check the write up I've just made of my own stage one. I had it done last week at Revo.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.