DSG acting strange after remap

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
I had remapped my Cupra 300 recently to stg1 ECU and stage 2 DSG.
After that, DSG started to rush through gears and shift at around 2k rpm even if I give it more throttle.
It just goes to 6th gear very quickly.
Also it doesn't downshift if I don't give 90-100% throttle, even at uphill.

I drove over 1000 km like that, than the tuner flashed another ECU software in which they tried to manipulate the torque that DSG is seing.
The car returned to stock performance, shifting was the same.
Then he flashed stock (updated) DSG software, but the shifting is the same.

Did anyone have this problem?
Can this be related to ECU software?

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
How does a stock DSG software with stage 1 ECU perform?
If there is no such problems, there is the answer!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
My DSG shifts up quite quick in comfort mode if I’m honest, but doesn’t shift up quickly if I floor it in comfort.

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
Ok, bit if you give it like 50% throttle does it shift at 2000 rpm? This is what mine does and it's annoying. I drove an Cupra with APR stg1 and it's not doing this.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Useless forum

That’s quite a harsh comment IMHO.

I was shocked when my first thread here was not answered, it was about chosing the right tuner. And I know many guys have Revo here so you could help.

I find this forum to be one of the most helpful, with lots of knowledgeable members, so I certainly wouldn’t describe it as useless.

Your original post was timed at 10.20 am UK time and your second at 5.35 pm UK time. Bear in mind that during that time period, many forum members would either be at work or communicating to and from work and may not have had an opportunity to log on to the forum, so wouldn’t have read your original post.

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
That’s quite a harsh comment IMHO.

I find this forum to be one of the most helpful, with lots of knowledgeable members, so I certainly wouldn’t describe it as useless.

Your original post was timed at 10.20 am UK time and your second at 5.35 pm UK time. Bear in mind that during that time period, many forum members would either be at work or communicating to and from work and may not have had an opportunity to log on to the forum, so wouldn’t have read your original post.
I was reffering to my first thread here

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
It might help people to help you if you told us who you had map your car, is it a big company (eg revo) or a small local outfit as obviously if you are running a bespoke map it will not be the same as others.

this is the stuff that Revo show on the Stage 3 DSG Map

• Launch Control variable RPM
  • At 0-60% throttle launch RPM is 3750
  • At 70% throttle launch RPM is 4000
  • At 85% throttle launch RPM is 4250
  • At 100% throttle launch RPM is 5500
  • In Launch Control Mode 7100rpm rev limit
  • In Sports and Manual Mode gear shifts at 7100rpm
  • In Drive Mode gear shifts 6600rpm
  • In Drive and Eco mode at low RPM, 2nd gear is held unless you come to a stop
  • Removed 'Kickdown' in Manual mode
  • Optimised shift speeds
  • Increased clamping pressure

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
The remap is done by Revlimit ECU tuning, a company from Greece.
The problem is in too fast shifting to higher gear in D, and almost no kickdown.
They say this is ok, but it's not.

Did anyone experience that with Revo stg1 ecu software?

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Sounds like they don’t know what they’re doing tbh.

I’ve got a stage 1 ecu and tcu map from a UK firm, and it’s a massive improvement over stock -

D behaves much like OEM but has slightly altered shift points to better suit new torque curve and doesn’t quite so aggressively hunt for 6th, and is a bit less reluctant to change down

S behaves basically how I’d drive the car if it was a manual; unless you feather the throttle it will hold gear until you push past peak torque, and doesn’t seek a higher gear unless you either stick cruise on or lift off for a prolonged period (past a certain rpm) - and even then it’s not hunting 6th… for example if I’m accelerating at 50mph it’ll be in 3rd, if I lift and only gently press the throttle it’ll swap to 4th and stay there - it won’t then go higher at all unless I engage cruise (whereas D would be in 6th again)

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Also FYI, I think it’s universally accepted on here that for TCU maps for anything DSG related, TVS Engineering are the absolute best. So see if they have a dealer in your country and start from there

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
The remap is done by Revlimit ECU tuning, a company from Greece.
The problem is in too fast shifting to higher gear in D, and almost no kickdown.
They say this is ok, but it's not.

Did anyone experience that with Revo stg1 ecu software?
So what they are saying is this is what there map does. What did they advertise it would do, if its different take it back.

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
Sounds like they don’t know what they’re doing tbh.

I’ve got a stage 1 ecu and tcu map from a UK firm, and it’s a massive improvement over stock -

D behaves much like OEM but has slightly altered shift points to better suit new torque curve and doesn’t quite so aggressively hunt for 6th, and is a bit less reluctant to change down
Also FYI, I think it’s universally accepted on here that for TCU maps for anything DSG related, TVS Engineering are the absolute best. So see if they have a dealer in your country and start from there
Yes, I also realized they don't know what they're doing.
The car was going ok performance wise (although it was only 95ron map), but the DSG behavior is terrible.

I am wondering if I go to Revo and put only stg1 ECU with stock TCU software, will this happen again?

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
So what they are saying is this is what there map does. What did they advertise it would do, if its different take it back.
You can't advertise such a bad shifting, no one would buy it.
I'm going back to stock and I will get my money back.

Reactions: tracktoy

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
They flashed my ECU and DSG back to stock, but shifting points are pretty much the same like when they tried to manipulate some torque tables in the ECU.
DSG is not shifting like it was before remap.

When I'm trying to speed up a little in D, it goes hardly to 2500rpm, and it's not downshifting easily.

What could happen with the gearbox?

Thank you

They flashed my ECU and DSG back to stock, but shifting points are pretty much the same like when they tried to manipulate some torque tables in the ECU.
DSG is not shifting like it was before remap.

When I'm trying to speed up a little in D, it goes hardly to 2500rpm, and it's not downshifting easily.

What could happen with the gearbox?

Thank you
Reset the adaptations and see if it improves

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.