DSG acting strange after remap

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
In answer to your question about Revo, Ive got Revo Ecu and Dsg software.
(7 speed DSG)

Normal behaviour is..

D mode - slightly more aggressive/responsive in lower gears vs stock shifting.
Shifts to 4/5/6/7 as soon as it can on low throttle input just like stock.
Overall is say a slight improvement on stock shifting profile as you can be in D and still have it respond well when pulling away or at roundabouts etc.

S Mode - slightly more relaxed as doesn't hold onto 2nd gear to ridiculous RPM anymore.
Feels smoother and less engine braking at low speeds as a result.
Massive improvement to drivability
(Just like the TVS one - ive had both ;) )

E mode - Same as stock, very lazy for comfort and economy.

Regarding manual mode.
You get the choice when flashing,
1) either stock behaviour (auto upshift/downshift when in M, kickdown still active in M)
2) Full manual (bounces off limiter no auto upshift, only auto downshift to prevent stalling or course, no kickdown)

On the whole it’s really good.
Shifting speed is snappier and it matches the ECU tune very well.

If you are having problems you say you are i’d say your tuner is not great. They probably didn’t reset the gearbox adaptations when they flashed your ecu/dsg 😂😂😂😂

Id take it to somewhere reputable and have it flashed back to stock, properly, gearbox adaptations reset, and then start again with a good tuner.

Deki7508

Nov 4, 2023
In answer to your question about Revo, Ive got Revo Ecu and Dsg software.
(7 speed DSG)

Normal behaviour is..

D mode - slightly more aggressive/responsive in lower gears vs stock shifting.
Shifts to 4/5/6/7 as soon as it can on low throttle input just like stock.
Overall is say a slight improvement on stock shifting profile as you can be in D and still have it respond well when pulling away or at roundabouts etc.

S Mode - slightly more relaxed as doesn't hold onto 2nd gear to ridiculous RPM anymore.
Feels smoother and less engine braking at low speeds as a result.
Massive improvement to drivability
(Just like the TVS one - ive had both ;) )

E mode - Same as stock, very lazy for comfort and economy.

Regarding manual mode.
You get the choice when flashing,
1) either stock behaviour (auto upshift/downshift when in M, kickdown still active in M)
2) Full manual (bounces off limiter no auto upshift, only auto downshift to prevent stalling or course, no kickdown)

On the whole it’s really good.
Shifting speed is snappier and it matches the ECU tune very well.

If you are having problems you say you are i’d say your tuner is not great. They probably didn’t reset the gearbox adaptations when they flashed your ecu/dsg 😂😂😂😂

Id take it to somewhere reputable and have it flashed back to stock, properly, gearbox adaptations reset, and then start again with a good tuner.
Thank you for your response!

Actually we tried resetting the adaptations few times...

But it's back on stock now! ECU and DSG! I got my money back and I will go to Revo ECU stg1 only for now.

BUT, I have another doubt now:
since they put my ECU back to stock the car is boosting around 1.1 bar constantly, and only goes to 1,25 after shifting in higher gear.
Could they put a 280 software by mistake in my ECU??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.