dvd player question

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
got a jvc dvd player i bought for my new leon, just for putting lots of music onto one disk making things easier and its a single din unit as well

the old cd player that was in was a sony unit which was just for cd's not mp3's hence the change, but the issue i am having is that the new player won't remember where i am on a cd when the engine gets switch off.

i don't think its a wiring issue as the unit works with the ignition off and everything else seems to be working correctly, i had the same issue with a sony unit in my old ibiza with it not remembering disk locations

anyone any ideas at all?

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i have not tried storing any just yet as i wasn't sure of the correct process to do so until reading the manual, going to clean my car shortly and get some pictures so i will test it then with the radio stations

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
ok they seem secure in the adapter between the dvd player and the car connectors, however the red and yellow cables do have their own connector half way which still goes yell>yell and red>red

now in which case i guess i can switch them around, but on the yellow one there is a black box between the connector and the adaptor to the car wiring. am i still ok to just swap these round, just concerned about blowing something thats all lol

edit - forgot to say radio stations do not store either

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
so much for posting pictures, i can't find my damn usb connector lol

on the plus side my dvd player now functions correctly:)

1L19

Sep 1, 2008
Barnstaple
Does your usb come from the back of the unit??

The ipod cable for mine comes from the back and I'll need to have it commin into the glove box
Do I need to remove the glove box in order to feed it through into it??
Sorry for hi-jackin!!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Don't think there is a hole as standard to feed the cable through, so it will need to come out so you don't drill something you don't want to.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members