eBay cable and software?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I can upload my software, installed and works fine on W7. I followed the instructions on the Ross tech site but obviously skipped the updating part.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Oh dear, looking like I would've been better pi$$ing all my Christmas money up the wall 'cue tears'

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Here you go -linky. I've no idea if the software is specific to cables but I would've thought all the sellers are selling the same cables. I followed the install steps in the Youtube vid posted above on a W7 x64 laptop and had no issues at all.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Just tried it on my work computer which is secure as you like and it deleted the exe as soon as it was installed saying it was a virus

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
I have the error in device manager but it cant find the driver in the vcds directory

I had this at first, I Just pointed the driver wizard to the vcds folder and it found the driver on its own...

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Just tried it on my work computer which is secure as you like and it deleted the exe as soon as it was installed saying it was a virus

Just did a scan of the ross tech folder and nothing found, I only have the free version of Avast though.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Did you use the software with the cable or download it. Did yours change the date? Mines looking kike a virus for sure

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
My AVG didn't pick it up as a virus, it did reset the date an that's all.
It couldn't find the cable at first, I went into device manager and updated the driver manually by pointing it to the vcds folder

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Did you use the software with the cable or download it. Did yours change the date? Mines looking kike a virus for sure

Is that at me? I used the software on the mini CD that came with the cable and it didn't change the date on my laptop.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Just checked the cable you have bought and it looks like the software I received is different as mine didn't prompt for a password during the install.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Anyone that ordered the Ali express cable from the link posted received their cable yet?

Hi Guys, just got home from work and the cable has arrived! :D
I ordered on Boxing day so pretty quick delivery. I just need my car now so can test out the cable and software lol

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
I really don't wish to p!ss on the parade here but why are you guys going for these cheap leads for use with the full version of VCDS? The genuine article costs about £260-270, a little pricey perhaps, but it is the real deal with FULL support from Ross-Tech and it simply... works. I'm not an employee or have any vested interest in Ross-Tech but they are a genuine bunch of guys who have done an amazing job of unearthing the wonders of VW group car electronic wizardry. I bought my lead from Gendan more than two years ago and it has paid for itself over and over - through not having to go to a garage/dealer for a diagnostic check or helping a mate out. Come on folks, give them some real honest support! :)

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Oh dear, just caught up with the rest of your posts and it doesnt sound promising :(

So seems like installing the software that came with the small cd does nothing?

Terry, the link to the software you provided. Is that a copy of the mini cd you received or are the install files from somewhere else? How did you get yours to work?

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Just installed Terrys software and it looks a lot more promising, just gonna recharge the laptop battery then will test the car

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.