Ebc Red Stuff Pads Front And Rear And Discs

Feb 25, 2007
stroud
Ive just ordered through my local motor factors ebc discs front and rear and red stuff pads all round and they said £300 thats sounds cheap to me

what do you all think

Triple D

not sure tbh, as i had 312mm zimmerman drilled discs and redstuff pads on the front and they set me back £160. The rears were just normal replacements which set me back £40.
This was on a mk4 ibiza though.

jamesgtturbo

Dec 10, 2006
derbyshire
the red stuff pads are supposed to perform ok because there ceramic coated and have a conditioning substance on the first part of the pad to wear your pads in

ian_cupra

i had red stuff pads, but they just ate the discs away! performance wise they were ok, but as there ceramic coated they will just eat your discs!!

StanTheMan

Why would you want a pad designed for race use on the road

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
i drive like a nutter on the road so it fits the bill

Well done mate you deserve a medel.

Never heard good stuff about the EBC pads ive never tryed them so cant really comment. but ive got ds2500`s on the front with grooved discs and cant complain at all..... untill i get my willwoods fitted this afternoon :D

David.

StanTheMan

Your missing the point, a 1.0 or a 1.8t will work from a-b regardless.

A track pad wont, I run tarox corsa pads, which are proper track pads. They are lethal and useless unless very hot. Even then the ibiza is so light that keeping them upto working temp is quite difficult.

Anyway, DS2500 and red stuff pads aint true track pads. Fast road, so perfectly upto the job.

cr33p

diesel powah!
Sep 11, 2006
Slovenia
Exactly. The sign "for race only" only means that they're an up-rated version of DS2500. It's still usefull on the road, but it grips a lot better than the standard road version. The only downside of them is that they're very agressive on the discs.

For road use, the DS2500 are as far as you can go. The DS3000 are more like your corsa pads. That's useless for everyday driving in terms of cold grip and squeeking.

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
i've got omp combi discs up front and omp std rears with omp fast road pads all round. no complaints with them, done 5,000 miles and they're still going strong. :D :p :D

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Why would you want a pad designed for race use on the road

because its much better a pad..
its only classed as for race use only because it EXCEEDs the reg90 +/- 15% compared to OE friction.

Not an issue at all, and a superb fast road upgrade

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Your missing the point, a 1.0 or a 1.8t will work from a-b regardless.

A track pad wont, I run tarox corsa pads, which are proper track pads. They are lethal and useless unless very hot. Even then the ibiza is so light that keeping them upto working temp is quite difficult.

Anyway, DS2500 and red stuff pads aint true track pads. Fast road, so perfectly upto the job.

A track pad CAN work and DOES. eg DS2500's
Tarox pads suk in my experience so I can believe they dont work well for you

DS2500's in action on Track and are up to the job when you choose the right pad for the right vehical application.

lupo-oulton-8.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.