ECU Updates

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi All

While reading other threads on other subjects people mention that they are having an ECU update while at the dealers having other work done. Is this somthing that happens as a matter of routine or is it updated for a reason.

I am not aware of my ECU being updated when it was in for it's service. Is it somthing I should asked to be done & what do the updates do???

Any info greatfully recieved :drive2:

Chris24747

yeh there is an update. at least there is for my 06 FR, if its newer it might already have the software upgrade on.

i posted this on another thread but its recall number 2451 (internal recall).

i was told i needed this doing when i went to the dealer to have another problem looked at, only reason they didn't do it is cos their 'Elsif' software was playing up that day!

as for what the update does your guess is as good as mine!!!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Hi All

While reading other threads on other subjects people mention that they are having an ECU update while at the dealers having other work done. Is this somthing that happens as a matter of routine or is it updated for a reason.

I am not aware of my ECU being updated when it was in for it's service. Is it somthing I should asked to be done & what do the updates do???

Any info greatfully recieved :drive2:

My FR Tdi as just had its ECU updated [after 3 usless trips to the stealers for poor fuel consumption nff!! no charge by stealers tho] Mine is a early build so I don't know when this s/w was introduced but tank to tank as gone from 460 to 550 on the same daily trip. So any of you with a early build I would suggest you get it done at next service or earlier!

Chris24747

just a thought, i dont have a remapped ECU but would this software update overwrite a remap??

Chris24747

goble, do you have any idea what the update changes, as a SEAT tech?

Chris24747

Going from your handle perhaps you can advise us all what revised s/w version is available for FR Tdi that improves mpg that is now installed in mine [recall number 2451 ??]

dont forget petrol!! ;)

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
I´ve had my car updated (TFSI/185hp version) 1½week ago! - Actually the car feels a little bit faster... or maybe it´s just my imagination!

Í have made a few runs from 0 - 100km/h... and it does seem like it now has the same speed as the 200hp versions! - But again... could just be something that I imagine!

If you like to make your own judgement... look at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ZnvUH0lJQ

BTW: Maybe it could be done a little bit faster... Violently starts from a standstill is not exactely what I do most! :redface:

;)

Shabba0070

Hi guys,
Just to add my thoughts into this i two have just had this update on my "06" TFSI Sport and i must agree with Skinfake it def seems quicker and more responsive and also the economey seems to have inproved as well even under " Sprited " Driving
They did the update while it was in for 4 new tyres fitted under warrenty

Regards
Chris

lsw

Apr 3, 2007
bedfordshire
hi folks

so are we saying my new o7 cupra is due a software update ????? or is this just all banta .......

according to the dealer there not aware of any !!!!!

Chris24747

the recall number for my 06 FR is 2451, im not sure if its the same number for all models but you could try mentioning it.

Hi guys,

They did the update while it was in for 4 new tyres fitted under warrenty

Shabba, how come you managed to get tyres under warranty??

agplant

Dec 10, 2006
Is there only an update for Tfsi engines, and nothing for people like me who can only afford a 1.6? lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.