Electric windows anti pinch feature playing up?

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
Occasionally (say weekly) when I close my drivers window I find that the anti-pinch safety feature kicks in and the window drops to the bottom.

I did a VAG-COM scan of my car and it showed a fault:

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 1K0-959-701-MAX2.LBL
Part No: 1T0 959 701 C
Component: Tuer-SG 024 2490
Coding: 0000656
Shop #: WSC 06402

1 Fault Found:
00932 - Electric Window Motor; Drivers Side (V147)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent

So if your windows are playing up it might be this. I've got no workshop lights on so if you're not able to scan then you won't see it.

I'm going to take it into the dealer in the next week, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Jon

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
I'm going to take it into the dealer in the next week, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Hi Jon,

no need to see the dealer for this ... you can "re-set" the window by yourself ... best explained here
=> http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/00932

... personally approved ... and has to be done everytime after the pinch protection was triggered.

greets ... Klaus

Last edited:

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
I had seen that - but my guess was that there was a faulty component as it says it's an intermittent fault and really it shouldn't need re configuring every week - what do you think?

As the car's in warranty I thought I'd see what the dealer had to say

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
I had seen that - but my guess was that there was a faulty component as it says it's an intermittent fault and really it shouldn't need re configuring every week - what do you think?

As the car's in warranty I thought I'd see what the dealer had to say
Sure, you're on the safe side talking to your dealer and mentioning the problem, as then you can spike him when the ECU indeed is faulty.

But, as I was told "in the early days" of my ALTEA as well: "It takes its time until the window sealing gets stretched enough ..."

I'm still having the effect every once in a while .... especially when not standing/driving on plain ground, the warping of the bodywork, where the window won't shut precisely, seems to have some influence on the pinch protection.

btw ... after fitting those wind deflectors it (predictably) became worse for a couple of days, but nowadays it's hardly ever.

Greets ... Klaus

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I have posted about this happening to me lately, fitted deflectors but was occuring before this. Seems to happen mostly when the ign off and roll up window, anti-pinch kicks in. Booked into dealers for this and a list of other problems next thursday.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members