Emocion Red FR - Paintwork care

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Evening all

Just wonderd if people can give me some advice on the most affordable products for looking after the paintwork on my new Leon FR due next week.

I have gone for Emocion Red but I want to be armed with some decent products for waxing / polishing the car and to help protect and seal the paintwork.

I have considered the stonechip protection film but due to the fact I will not be doing much motorway driving, I have decided against it, because £400 is a bit much to be honest!. However, I would like to protect the paintwork with some decent (but reasonably priced!) products which I can apply when I wash the car......

Any advice on all products (sponges, cloths, chamois, waxes, polishes etc) would be greatly appreciated.......

The bodywork on my platinum Cupra was in great condition when I sold it but I only ever used Halfords advanced car wash sponge, basic chamois, autoglym super resin polish and extra gloss protection!

Anything different I should consider for a solid paint as opposed to a metallic?

Thanks for your help guys.....

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Sorry guys, yeah, I have just visited that forum and it's frightening!!

Apologies, this looks like it's posted in the wrong section! :doh:

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
My hubby and I both bought new Emocion Red SEATs on the 1st of March this year - he got the Ibiza!

I use Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylics stuff due to easy of use which I got from www.polishedbliss.co.uk on their advice for my old Ibiza Cupra...wanted something quick and easy.

Hubby doesn't use anything - he's a sponge and a bucket man heaven forbid.

Lined the two cars up yesterday as it happened and my paintwork stands out big time compared to his!!

jonnyash

fr 170 tdi
Jun 6, 2007
north somerset
i use autoglym super resin polish first then their extra polish protection the paintwork is like a mirror, repeat this about every 3 to 4 washes oh an get one of them blades to get the water off the car after washing 100 times better than a chamois!

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Use two buckets, one with the soap in and one to rinse your wash mit it - no sponges!

Only dry the car with microfibre cloths by patting the car dry. If there is dust under the cloth or when you use a water blade you will get minor, small scratches.

I used the guides on the Polished Bliss website when I started trying to learn what to do properly.

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks to everyone for replying to the post, even though it was in the wrong forum! I have ordered some Jetseal 109 to apply to the car once it has been received, and cleaned. I'm not so sure about the drying blade tbh..........I have ordered a couple of decent drying towels which I think would be a safer bet!

PaulDH

Apr 22, 2007
South Yorkshire
:lol:Tam you are sooo right about getting hooked!

I have spent AGES researching the internet, this forum etc and have now spent a small fortune in Halfrauds on 3 for 2 Meguiars products! Added to the products I already had I'm sure I could have bought a new flaming car if I saved the money!:cry:

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Use two buckets, one with the soap in and one to rinse your wash mit it - no sponges!

Only dry the car with microfibre cloths by patting the car dry. If there is dust under the cloth or when you use a water blade you will get minor, small scratches.

I used the guides on the Polished Bliss website when I started trying to learn what to do properly.

Because of this thread I've just spent £30 on sponges (lambswool wash mit techncially and other microfibre bits and bobs).

So it had better make a difference, I think the comment you made earlier about your hubby's car in the same colour looking nowhere near as good sold me.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Ooops...sorry!

I promise you'll not be disappointed though!!

The good thing about the lambswool mit is that it'll keep your hand warm as well!!!!!!!!

*hint*
If you get a 3rd, then you can use if for you wheels, if you have 18" wheels than you can get your hand all over the wheel including all the way through the gaps to clean it all the way to the other side, makes the alloy great and stops your hands getting torn to pieces on the brake disks, calipers, dust sheilds and all the other bits and bobs.
*hint*

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
*hint*
If you get a 3rd, then you can use if for you wheels, if you have 18" wheels than you can get your hand all over the wheel including all the way through the gaps to clean it all the way to the other side, makes the alloy great and stops your hands getting torn to pieces on the brake disks, calipers, dust sheilds and all the other bits and bobs.
*hint*

Being a girlie I have little hands so it does help! It is a breeze cleaning the 18s compared to the Ibiza Cupra I used to have.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise