engine blown

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Did you just run over a brick or something that's battered your sump?

When rods fail, they more often exit out the block.

micknoon

a just had a quick look and seen a hole in the sump am goiny get it up on the ramp tomorrrow and have a good look at the block and see whats what. :(

strugers1

sounds to be summit hit the sump, emptied your engine of oil...no lube in the engine has cuased the engine and turbo to be starved of oil resulting in
BIG BANG
sorry mate but it will be costly to sort
especially as the turbo wont be covered under warrenty as it will be caused by oil starvation and thats a user mistake

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
its a bit weird.... for a lcr to do that.
before it blew the engine it would have been running like a sack of sh*t........
either that or something component wise was on its last legs,but im thinking some think hit your sump and bounced of it..... either that or as you came on boost there was a real week spot.and it gave out... as for the rebuild £800 to £1500 easy..... i reckon......

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
as for the rebuild £800 to £1500 easy.....

And the rest!

Worst case screnario, full set of rods and pistons, bearings, crank might not be too healthy too, oil pump assy, and possibly shagged cylinder bore. Not to mention if piston smashed, and gauged chunks out of the head/valve seats.

Exchange 1.9 long block from T.E.S would be the best P.O.A i reckon...

Bummer.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you asked for a hybrid & "uprated" actuator..

the responsibility is 100% down to you not the turbo supplier..

be interesting to see what you find when its up in the air.. if you have broken sump from road debris or rod debris

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yeah when the turbo got fitted it got a oil and fillter change, so was filled with oil.

a wasn't goiny drive it but the time the turbo was fitted it was due in for a mot so a thought it would have been ok to drive it (as no one told me other words) to n from the test centre, a never even drove fast a was in 3rd and it was about to boost and it shut down then banged. could the acuator not have been turned up to much as a told crturbos that the car had a revo sps1 etc? nope no boost guage in the car. gutted

cr wont know what revo is. did you have it in stock mode or revo mode?

in stock mode it should have been ok, but would likely have overboosted anyhow if the actuator is of a different psi setting.. you describe it as modified/uprated actuator.

you have learnt the hard way i fear..
who fitted it? you?

micknoon

ibizacupra, its 100% my fault a aways learn the hard way :( it was a garage that done all the work.
a had it up on the ramp and the enigne is scrap big hole on the block so in need of a replacement engine am getting the enigne out tomorrow, anyone know where a could find one a will put a post on wanted. still gutted:( thanks for all you're replys Michael

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
backdraft motorsport will have some (forum sponsor)
It may not all be toast so wait and see.

Chin-up Fella could be worse, out of the ashes rises a Phoenix and all.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise