Engine shaking Even after Glowplug replacement

Jan 27, 2024
Hello Guys

Thank you for contribution on this forum, i learned a lot, thanks to you.

My problem : I have a 2016 Seat Leon, 1,6 TDi and the engine is shaking dramaticly, i have changed 3 glow plug, the one with a sensor i kept the original, I have no engine sign.

When the car is at temeperature, problem disseapear, the engine start also normally,

Anyone had the same issue ? do you have the solution ?

Thank you in advance

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
My 184FR engine used to shake the car when the outside temperature was below zero and I left it running to warm up whilst I de-iced the windows. The glowplug circuit runs for something like 5 mins or when the coolant get to 25oC (sominthing like that). If I was still de-icing after 5 mins, it would start shaking. The one thing I've done is change the car battery, and touch wood, it's been fine since. There is a big relay for the glowplug circuit that can play up. So I'd say your issue could be one of them, or it's the glowplug with the sensor. I know the sensor one costs more, but I'd change it to complete a fresh change. When mine started to shake, turning the car off/on sorted it, porbably because it started the 5 minute cycle again, and by then I'd driven off.

Jan 27, 2024
My 184FR engine used to shake the car when the outside temperature was below zero and I left it running to warm up whilst I de-iced the windows. The glowplug circuit runs for something like 5 mins or when the coolant get to 25oC (sominthing like that). If I was still de-icing after 5 mins, it would start shaking. The one thing I've done is change the car battery, and touch wood, it's been fine since. There is a big relay for the glowplug circuit that can play up. So I'd say your issue could be one of them, or it's the glowplug with the sensor. I know the sensor one costs more, but I'd change it to complete a fresh change. When mine started to shake, turning the car off/on sorted it, porbably because it started the 5 minute cycle again, and by then I'd driven off.
Thank you for the replay, so i changed all glow plugs, plus a new battery; but nothing changed i still have the same problem, vibration and shaking engine

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Have you scanned the car for any faults?
I'd say it's either the glow plug circuit relay or the glowplug with the sensor. Have a look on YouTube for videos on how to test them with a voltmeter.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.