Exhaust Pressure Control Valve A

Jul 30, 2021
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and wanted to reach out to see if any of you guys had experienced this fault. The engine management light has popped and the diagnosis tool says its a fault on the 'Exhaust Pressure Control Valve A' . I've got a 2017 Seat Leon FR 2.0 diesel. When I bought and fitted a new Exhaust pressure valve and cleared the fault,the engine warning light disappeared for about an hour and then came back. As there are two of these valves we tried swapping the new valve with the other one. Again, cleared fault and no warning for about an hour, until it re-appeared again. Oddly, i then drove the car for 2 weeks and the fault disappeared twice for about 30 mins and then came back. It does not seem to effect the engine performance at all, so I'm now starting to think it could be something else but the laptop diagnosis software clearly says it's the 'Exhaust Pressure Control Valve A'.
I'm wondering if it may need a software upgrade from a main dealer, but that's always expensive isn't it? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reactions: andye1
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.