Fabia Rear Wiper *WARNING* READ BEFORE YOU DO THE FABIA MOD

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Hi Guys/Gals,

If anyone has done this mod, this might be worth checking!

I did this mod some time ago and all was well... After awhile whenever the rear wiper was in use I could hear a weird noise. The best way to describe it would be scratching a black board with sharp nails. Sometimes it would happen, and sometimes it would not.

I left this for some time before I was finally arsed to see what was wrong. The Fabia wiper spring was rubbing against the window. This has left some scratching on the window itself and has rubbed the spring down to the metal. The scratch looks like a rainbow/semi circle and is fairly big.

I've tried to re-install the wiper with less pressure/less tightness of the nut but no matter what it still rubs. I even tried to push/bend the spring but thats no use. So at the moment I'm back to the Leon wiper.

It's worth having a look next time you about to get into your car! Or if you are going to do this mod, leave the wiper running and watch from the side of the car after installed. You will be able to see the said spring part sticking out.

Pics to follow when I take them tomorrow.

(This is TOTALLY my fault and I do not blame anyone else for it)

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0715.jpg

DSC_0716.jpg

DSC_0718.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

Last edited:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
i'm going check mine first thing tomorrow now! cheers for the info!

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i'd imagine that the assembly of parts would be done by hand.
maybe the spring put in upside down / back to front?
is it possible to orientate thre spring through 180 degrees ?

had mine fitted nearly 2 years, no issues :confused:

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Looks like the arm has been over extended when its been pulled off the window (for cleaning etc) which has kinked the spring

D1SHABBA

Mar 6, 2008
just checked mine and its fine apart from the cracked cap which il replace. What i did was bend down and looked up from the wiper and plenty of gap there no way of that catching the window...............

Dec 4, 2006
Manchester
I experienced this- solution is to file it down whilst bending it the other way at the same time.
Not ideal solution but works.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.