Facelift clocks in a pre facelift

Rich86

Jan 11, 2021
Hi,

I have a 2007 Seat Leon FR, I'm slightly confused as I have a pre facelift but after looking online I appear to have a facelift dash (the bigger MFD display), was the larger MFD's fitted in pre facelifts? I was searching online to see if i could get a digital speed reading on the MFD and read you could'nt do it on a pre facelift but you can on a facelift, when looking at images i noticed the pre facelift usually seems to have the small MFD and the larger ones on a facelift. Any help would be appreciated, I did do a search before posting but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Rich

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
If you want I can always go down and take a picture of my entire dash for you? I have a 2010 FL FR so if yours is exactly like mine you will have the FL model for sure? Mine does come standard with the speed reading on the MFD but it will only show KMH not MPH as far as I'm aware as I recall it being down to the speedo only showing MPH I think?

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Just had a quick look online to see what you meant and yeah I get you now, wasn't aware of that as I've never really checked anything for pre-facelift before now, sorry if my comment wasn't useful just thought I would offer what little help I could 🤷‍♂️

--Lee

Rich86

Jan 11, 2021
Just had a quick look online to see what you meant and yeah I get you now, wasn't aware of that as I've never really checked anything for pre-facelift before now, sorry if my comment wasn't useful just thought I would offer what little help I could 🤷‍♂️

--Lee
I appreciate you replying and trying to help mate, thanks. Was just curious if there was anything I could modify via VCD's lol. I think I read somehwere you can get MPH by changing the language in VCD's to australian? When I get a bit of time i'll see if I can find the post.

Last edited:

Rich86

Jan 11, 2021
Pre-facelift large MFD is red and the facelift one is white.
Oh ok, that's annoying was hoping I could modify the MFD via VCD's and get the clock sweep and speed readout on the dash, but guess I can't on mine.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Yeah on the facelift clusters you can code them to the rest-of-world country setting which will add two extra options in the MFD menus - one to switch off the KPH speed display and one to switch on the large MPH display.

I don't know what coding options you'll have available on the pre-facelift. My only experiences are with the facelift clusters.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
I appreciate you replying and trying to help mate, thanks. Was just curious if there was anything I could modify via VCD's lol. I think I read somehwere you can get MPH by changing the language in VCD's to australian? When I get a bit of time i'll see if I can find the post.
Sorry mate, I completely didn't read the reply, it was from Rusty not you, I read assuming you had posted so many apologies for that! I need to read and check the poster first than just reply! 🤦‍♂️ I vaguely remember seeing a post long ago about that as I was curious myself on wanting to change it from KHP to MPH but decided not to follow up on it for whatever reason I chose back then :)

I have found this website I don't know if it will be of use or not as I don't know anything about programming or using VCDS although I wanted to be able to use it along time ago, probably better for me to find someone who knows how to use it and have them do the bits and bobs rather than mess something up myself :)

--Lee

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.