Falken Vs Toyo?

Jun 16, 2008
i can only give you input on 452's

had all 4 of them on last year, the front two only lasted me 12 months (i dont really thrash the car or do long runs)

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
Toyo's are the only tyre ive used which i feel real safe going round corners, they have brilliant grip in the wet, but they dont last to long. I ran them allround on my mapped pd130 rears could last a couple of years but the fronts you could replace every 6 months depending on milage. Used Mitchelins, Avons and budgets... Sorry i cant compare against the falken though.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I'm running mine on my Ibiza and they're pretty good, a lot better than the last tyres I had

Funny thing was I was driving home from work last night for 6 miles of ungritted roads, many cars were stuck and I didn't get stuck once :D although that may not be because of the tyres

NottsLCR

May 14, 2008
Nottingham
I've had both on the LCR and FK 452 so far have done more miles than the Toyo's did under the same driving conditions so my two pennies would say FK 452 out of the pair.

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
My falkens have lasted ages...almost a year and a half, and i do cover quite alot of mileage...however cant comment on the toyo's. My falkens are rubbish in the wet and snow though.

cupra-db

Jun 13, 2010
toyos all day long mate, they were £30 per tyre dearer when i got mine and i regret not paying it,they grip much better, the ride is much softer (actually harsh with the falken) not sure on the wear but that isnt important to me id sooner have the grip, poor advice from various dealers is the reason i got mine and ive not once been happy with them since , some roads i get wheel spin in 2nd gear off the throttle in dry conditions, useless, thats my rant over, hope it helps

Wolvotim

Oct 3, 2009
Shifnal, Shropshire
just had a email back from a local tyre place and they'll do the falken 452's for 87.95 fitted. what you guys recon to that price??

Last edited:

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Assuming you live in Wolves Try up Cobbs corner around bilston (right by the bridge, off the birmingham new road) they have a tyre place and fitted a full set of 4 to mine for £30. Bargain I thought

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'm currently running Toyo T-1R's and they've been on the car since Summer 2009.

They've been round 10 laps of Castle Combe, 3 laps of the Nurburgring, 3 European road trips, (around 20,000 miles in 18 months) and they still have 4mm of tread on them. OK, so a lot of that has been motorway, but they've always worked well.

To be fair they have been very good, if slightly noisy on the motorway, and have performed very closely to the Michelin Pilot Sport 2's I had previously.

Don't judge the tyres on how long people say they last. Everyones driving style (acceleration / braking / cornering / accuracy of car set up / wheel HP) will affect tyre wear differently, so just because someone can run them through in 2,000 miles is no indication you will suffer the same. I got 7,000 miles out of Toyo's on my LCR, and I currently have 20,000 miles out of them on an S3 with more BHP.

I had some Falkens some year back as part of an alloy wheel / tyre package on our Lupo GTi, and in the dry they were fine, but less successful in rain / winter than some tyres I've tried. I just didn't have the confidence in them in the winter.

For the sake of a couple of quid I'd go Toyo out of the 2 brands, I'll probably be buying them again this year.

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
... but less successful in rain / winter than some tyres I've tried. I just didn't have the confidence in them in the winter.
its always intresting to read if you are using something that is not intended to use for that purpose, and you are claiming that it do not works.
yes, summer tyres do not work in the winter.
I admit, some are better, some are worse, but still, the best summer tyre can not compete against even a low-mid winter tyre.

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
I had toyo t1r on my old wheels. was impressed with them and seemed to last alot longer than i thought.
im now running falkens all round on my comps as money was tight and i find them ... OK
they aint ground breaking but not the worst ive used.
if money wasnt tight then t1rs all the way for me

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise