Fastest Mk2?

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Hi All,

Had a Cupra R and have a Leon FR+ 2005 at the mo, and was wandering whats the fastest model in the Mk2 at present??

Is it that one thats only avaialble in white? the K1? What are the prices approx for these second hand at the mo?

Cheers

Rich

jdearden

as long as it's got a k04 turbo mounted to it, it'll be quick

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
The K1 is available in a number of colours, not sure which ones but not as many as the Cupra. I think it might be White, Red and Black but I'm sure someone else could confirm.

Cupra came out early 2007, K1 early 2008 so there are more Cupra's about.

Have a look on Autotrader for prices. I would think starting price for a Cupra is about £12,000 maybe a bit less at the moment.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
To be fair, in my local town at least, I would say there are at least 2 K1's to each Cupra. The problem with the K1 is that it looks all but identical to any other Leon with the Aero kit with the exception of the VXR rear exhaust and if you look closely, the large Cupra brakes.

Also. most of the K1's that were sold were white, and most of them had taken the black wheels option. You just need to look on here to see just how many white K1's there are.

Oh, and as for the fastest MK2 Leon, this must belong to DanGB and his GT2871R Leon 2.0T with 400bhp or thereabouts :)

Last edited:

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
yeah, i just like my car to look agressive (not chav) but just agressive looking but subtle....i think seat missed a trick with the mk2, after the success of the cupra r.....

I may just try and stiuck to a cupra r once i get rid of this fr until the prices come down a bit.

the other annoying thing, is that the dog fits nicely in the mk1, but the boot space is very much less in the mk2!!! :(

Just wish someone would buy my mk1 FR+!!! grrrrrrrrrr

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
yeah, i just like my car to look agressive (not chav) but just agressive looking but subtle....i think seat missed a trick with the mk2, after the success of the cupra r.....

I may just try and stiuck to a cupra r once i get rid of this fr until the prices come down a bit.

the other annoying thing, is that the dog fits nicely in the mk1, but the boot space is very much less in the mk2!!! :(

Just wish someone would buy my mk1 FR+!!! grrrrrrrrrr
That's gonna be the problem, nice time to buy but terrible to sell or p/x...
Couldn't see you getting anything like 7k for a 2005 fr even with all the mods which don't really add anything to the value...

Al

Aug 29, 2005

The thing is though that while the Cupra R did look the part vs the other MK1 Leons, and the MK2 Cupra looks a bit lame vs the other MK2 Leons, the MK2 Cupra is step up over the MK1 Leon Cupra R in every other way pretty much.

Those who have the MK2 Leon Cupra and had a 1.8T before it will know this and will probably forgive the Cupra for its plain look shortfall for its ability to make progress.

shaunymac

Auto Emocion
Jul 30, 2007
Basildon, Essex
I traded my fr+ in for my mk2 cupra it was an 06 55 reg had 25k on it and I only got 8k for it? that was a main dealer in Juy last year so if u can get 7k I would bite their hand off! You wont regret getting a cupra/k1 awesome car especially with a remap leagues ahead of the cupra r.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
What I struggle to get my head round, and I've still not felt anything like it since, is when I walked into Listers Coventry back in 2003 to take my wife's Ibiza for it's service I was stood at the service desk waiting to be served.

I saw a price logo of £20,700 on the roof of one of the cars and thought 'that can't possibly be a SEAT at that price', so wandered down to see what it was.

Sat there was a new 03 plate LCR with delivery miles, Recaro's and sat nav :drool:

I just fell in love, and within 1 week I went and ordered one in Platinum grey for delivery on a new 53 plate. I eventually bought another in 2005 and enjoyed that for another 2 years as much as the first. People thought I was mad buying exactly the same car twice, but they were fantastic cars.

When I saw photos of the Mk2, then went to see it in the flesh, whilst I respect it for everything it is, I couldn't buy one. I didn't have that strange lust that I had felt for the Mk1 LCR.

The LCR isn't outlandish. It's a really nice fairly subtle family pocket rocket. However for me some of that essence has been watered down somewhere. Even the S3 we have now doesn't really have 'it'.

I'm quietly waiting for what follows, to see if we stick with the S3 longer term, but if SEAT were to pull a blinder out and make something to challenge the Focus RS I could be sorely tempted. At least they have got rid of the bloody awful dashboard in the refit as that was what tipped me over the edge. It was just mean.

When other companies are offering tuning packs, Brembos, Recaros, and all sorts of 'non aero kit' paraphernalia, it's about time SEAT stepped up and showed it's intent. I hope the LCR was not just a one hit wonder flash in the pan, and some real auto emotion is really pumping within the SEAT gene. Otherwise it's doubtful after 5 SEAT's on the trot that we will ever be back for another.

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Totally agree with you Warren.

I understand the mk2 will be a different car from the Cupra R. Obviously the Cupra R is almost 7 years old in respect of design etc.

I would love a mk2 K1 or Cupra.....due to the new car package.

I might take the Leon FR+ to the Seat Garage Saturday and see what they might give me, probably only about £6k i would think sadly :(

Rich

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Technically the fastest would be the Standard cupra, as it doesnt have the extra weight of the side skirts and spoiler plus the wild bumpers :)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Technically the fastest would be the Standard cupra, as it doesnt have the extra weight of the side skirts and spoiler plus the wild bumpers :)

Wonder if the aero kit provides any tangible stability benefits or aero improvment, or whether its just eye candy and extra weight??

The Audi has almost carpet like rear wheel arch liners to let air through and reduce weight. I'm sure 90% of the mass market rear diffusers do jack sh1t.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.