Fell Out With The Seat Garage!

Annie

Okay, had the car a week so first chance ive had to get her on the ramps.

Front n/s track rod end is fecked, bit of play in the wheel so don't know how they didn't notice. I know its just wear and tear but they should have noticed that.

Havn't got the warranty details YET so phoned them up and told them about it and the service guy tried to tell me it was ''A STONE LODGED IN THE WHEEL''!!!

Told him I might be blonde and female but I wasn't stupid!

Anyway I politely told him I was not best pleased so my mechanic is doing the work and they are paying for it!

End of rant :redface:

Bonzy1800

Back in a SEAT
Sep 16, 2005
jersey
Anyway I politely told him I was not best pleased so my mechanic is doing the work and they are paying for it!

sorry but dont think SEAT will go for that, warrenty work has to be done by the dealer.

anyway good luck if they have agreed to pay i stand corrected

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
When I blew a fuse and said I was going to get the work done by another garage and bill them they said any work must be done and checked by SEAT as they will not pay someone else for warranty work in case they do not do a good enough job and mess up other parts of the car.

If not done by SEAT I presume may invalidate warranty??

Annie

I did ask the guy if it would affect my warranty and he said no because he DOESN'T THINK it is covered by the warranty. :shrug:

Warranties aren't usually worth the paper they are written on imo.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
dealerships suck, so if your mechanic is trustworthy and charges a fair price then go for it!

Annie

He's the best , put it this way he stays 70 miles from me. :worship:

The guy I spoke to on the phone today was an arrogant so and so!

megsy7

Any warranty work has to be done the dealership itself, unless it is an extended warrenty where it may be subletted as long as this is agreed with the warranty company before hand.

caveo

dont ever go to dealers unless absolutly nessesery cos they suk big ass , end of rant.

megsy7

theu will give you the lowest figure possibly cause remember they have to make money out of you somewhere

megsy7

ignore response above wrong thread. Dealerships don't suck arse cause i work for one in service and warranty!

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Track rods are a common fault on Leons and are covered under warranty (plus extended warranty).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise