finally running extra power, but clutch no likey

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
ello peeps,

got home early from work today and thought sod i'll go for it, so i when to my local Revo:funk: dealer and made a purchase:D . very happy with the whole feel of the car but i haven't had a good blast in it cos off all the snow:( .
but i think i may have bigger probs... my clutch now slips like a good-un in third, haven't noticed it to bad in 4 and 5 but sitting at 80mph (on my private road) any hint of a touch on the accelerator and the thing slips all over the show:cry: .
before people start trying to tell me that 6th isn't and accelerating gear:ban: i'm not stamping on the pedal mearly a light press is all.
now could it have somthing to do with the 3c temp making it slip easily or am i really gonna have to stop drivin till i can afford £700 for a new clutch.
any advice appreciated

cheers Dave

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Sounds kinda terminal to me.

I think the stock clutch is safe up to 300 lb ft or something and I'd expect your remap has pushed you past that. :(

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
That's why I didn't go revo, sorry mate, sounds like new clutch or get them to adjust torque to higher in the revs??

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
If you don't want to fork out for an uprated clutch, I'd get your money back and get it remapped by someone who can limit the torque levels through the necessary rev range to cure the slip.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Yeah, as Ad Lav said, Revo remaps are known for producing a lot of torque unfortunately.

I think muddyboots had his passat mapped by someone who has sorted the torque curve out - sounds really good if you can get your cash back and go with them instead

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
the lower temps won't help. mine had 300 lb/ft and did slip in the cold when i wasnt concentrating.

Maybe your torque curve spikes quite bad, try to ask them to limit the torque to 280lb/ft and bring the torque in higher up the rev range...

if they can't, i say money back and go with a tuner who can do this for you.

gazjones

so it slips more in 3rd than in 4th and 5th? might sound silly but the wheels arnt just spinning. some cars run revo fine some have clutch slip bit of a lottery really

Triple D

of all days to get your car mapped, You choose a day when you have a load of snow :ban:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
of all days to get your car mapped, You choose a day when you have a load of snow :ban:

i know mate what was i thinking afterwards:doh: but hey it's a hell of a lot of fun ie scary as sh*te:lol:
but on a serious note gaz asked if the wheels were just spinnng in third wouldn't the traction light flash(i know i know you shouldn't have tcs on in snow ans ice:p ) or do you think it was that momentary that the tcs did'nt have time to react, before i got my uprated tyres the tcs only cut in when the wheels were fully spinning:confused: . and i should hope on a fairly busy duel carrageway at 4o'clock that it isn't slipery enough to spin at 70+(;) ) in sixth gear:shrug:
maybe i'll just have to wait and see when the better weather comes,
thanks for the replies tho guys:D now gonna read that thread joonspoon posted

gazjones

shouldnt spin in 6th tbh just though as you said it was worse in 3rd than 5th and 4th. most clutches slipp in the winter as its colder so might be ok in the summer or slightly warmer conditions. the way to tell clutch slip is if spedo goes up with revs its wheel spinning but if just the revs climb its the clutch

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.