Finished For Now - What Do You Think?

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Just got all the mods finished on my Leon FR, I think she looks fantastic (Ever so slightly biased)

Please let me know what you think?

P.S. Thanks Roelich for the help sorting the photo's out.

no-reg-1.gif

no-reg-5.gif

no-reg-4.gif

no-reg-3.gif

no-reg-2.gif

Al

Aug 29, 2005
What you get done? Grille, skirts and spoiler? Exactly what I want on mine!

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Yes that's right, had the spoiler put on 1st (took 3 attempts and 3 spoliers to get the paint finish right) then got the side skirts done (right 1st time thankfully) told my self that was enough. But then when I was in getting a DPF sensor sorted out, saw the black grille on a 2008 Cupra and just had to have it. Not sure if goin to do anything else, thought about gettin brake calipers painted, but not sure how much hassle that would be?

SteveTDCi - Not sure which bit above the number plate you would paint?

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
SteveTDCi - Sorry had a blonde moment, I see what you mean above the number plate on the front bumper.

H8T WP - not sure what to do if ya cant see the pictures, only just worked out how to get them on. Sorry

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Not bad at all. Am not a fan of the SEAT spoiler, but I have the skirts too and it looks wicked. I also got my mirrors colour-coded, looks great too than the standard plastic grey.

Nice looking car, am sure you are well chuffed ;)

Dan123

Is the spoiler the one from the btcc aero kit? What youv doen is exactly whaz\t im hoping for... only im gonna need the cupra front and rear bumper, the side skirts and spoiler all put onto a stylance tdi dsg..

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Very nice. Looks great with the mods. :)

Were the side skirts hard to fit as I've just ordered mine and they look pretty easy to do.

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
The spoilers are funny.. a lot of people dont like them. I certainly think in this case it looks perfect.. They are quite "Edgy" styling if thats the right term to use. I like mine :D

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
The rear spoiler and the side skirts are from the BTCC kit.

Bought the skirts through me local stealer and had them fitted by the bodyshop that they finally got to sort out the finish on the rear spolier. Wasn't goin to try and fit them me self.

If you look at the side on view of the car, the spolier just carries on the lines of the Leon at the back, and for me really finishes it off.

I'm mega chuffed with it, keep saying no more mods, but then I find something else.

Have to say though, not that willing to do a mod which will screw up the Seat warranty, so lowering may be outta the question for me.

Does anyone think that gettin the calipers painted would make a difference or would it be a waste o money?

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Forgive my lack of knowledge here, is it something that you did yourself or did you get it done for you & how much are we talking.

Red or black would be the next question?

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Like the side skirts [B)]

Dawg Primo - I'm guessing with a username like that you like your MTBing? ;) How you getting on carrying bikes on the Leon? I was told by the dealer that towbars - even detachable ones - (to mount a rack on) are a complete no-no on the FR.

Mind you, I was told the same about my Ibiza but managed to fit one. Rather like my MTBing myself...

Ally

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Ally,

After me family, only have 2 other passions me car and me mountain biking specially Kona's.

Been mountain biking for longer than I care to remember and now me boys are getting better than me, bugger!!!!

At this stage not put any bikes on me car, we are lucky enough to live very close to some excellent downhill, dirt jumping and cross country tracks.

Tho at some point we are going to have to go further afield. With all the other cars I have owned have always gone for a manufacturer roof based bike rack system, have always assumed that Seat would do such as system.

Hope I'm not wrong.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise