Fitted Bailey DV30, have a silent "wooossshhh" sound!

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Hi everybody!

Just fitted the Bailey DV30 and I have noticed it have a silent "wooosh" sound when lifting the throttle...only when you give it some peanuts...but it is"louder" than the stock bosch DV.

Is that normal? It does not bother me, I'm just curious whether the sound should be there or not :)

Btw. It's the stock airfilter.

Best regards, Thomas, Denmark

caveo

iv got the forge splitter dv which is half recirc half atmospheric and is only loud when u close the throttle at about 3000rpm. Iv only got a k&n panel filter but im lookin at a dynatwist to improve the whoosh sound , how much difference will this make?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i think they brand it as ramair through ebay but you can also buy them from raidhp.co.uk or from badger bill on here (see his forum section).

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i had a raid filter on my LCR for a while. it sounded good but the dirt retention additive they use knackered my MAF.

caveo

i had same problem with a pipercross viper it knackered my maf up and when i had a remap done at jbs they told me i was gettin LESS air in than standard air box so i got rid and have a k7n panel filter and i got my money back from pipercross (250 notes )

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
yeh for a silent noise, thats pretty loud!!! :p

seriously though, i was expecting the turbo exit noise (or whatever you call it... when you floor it the noise comes in WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF...) to be louder than it is. i can hear a lovely broken-woosh style noise coming from my dads octavia 1.8T and there was a more noticable noise coming from my mates S3... but on the LCR, not so much.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
not sure about the S3 but I'd be suprised if your dads Octy didnt have exactly the same parts as the LC (unless he's modded it). If you want turbo whine you need to improve the induction, i.e. get as much air into the turbo as possible. if you want dump valve noise then you need a semi recird valve like the forge splitR (or however you spell it) or a 007 and a remap....its never going to sound like a scooby though.

Last edited:
May 13, 2007
Denmark
BCM: Yes the DV30 is recirc.

It does not bother me, it is just more audibly than the stock bosch. I really never heard the bosch, but this one is a bit more audibly!

I was just wondering if it was mounted incorrect. I dont think so, cause the car run just fine and smooth!

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
modded it, rofl. classic.
na its standard as the day it rolled out of the factory apart from a GB sticker and a strategicaly placed reflector on the boot!!

seriously though, if you ever drive one pay attention to the turbo-exit??? noise, its sounds SWEET!! might be cus the LCR's engine is louder as its more powerful but you cant really hear anything in comparison to those other 1.8Ts

caveo

iv got the splitter and a panel filter with remap and its quite loud at 3000rpm but not scooby loud i may remove the spongy stuff on the under side of the bonnet cos that has 2 muffel it?

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
the noise im trying to describe isnt particularly loud, wouldnt want scooby loud anyway tbh... F*ing scoobies!!! lol.
its the quality of the noise that i took a liking to, errr, the best i think i can do is; if you were impersonating the noise it would be like a soft grrrr, you know how you roll your R's... youre going to think im mental now!!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i think the sound you are describing is the induction sound? i.e the sound of the engine sucking in air as you accelerate.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
to answer gubiens original question, yes, that noice is completely normal, it does tend to be slightly louder with an uprated dv.

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
i think the sound you are describing is the induction sound? i.e the sound of the engine sucking in air as you accelerate.

no its definitely the turbo, not the induction.
this sound happens not when you press the accelerator down hard, but immediately after flooring it when you take your foot off (to change gear). Thats when the noise happens, and it is most noticable from about 3,000 to 4,000 after the turbo has kicked in but before the sound of the engine rises in volume and drowns it out.

May 13, 2007
Denmark
no its definitely the turbo, not the induction.
this sound happens not when you press the accelerator down hard, but immediately after flooring it when you take your foot off (to change gear). Thats when the noise happens, and it is most noticable from about 3,000 to 4,000 after the turbo has kicked in but before the sound of the engine rises in volume and drowns it out.

Seems very true in my case! :) Well, the car is okay then :) Thnaks for the reply's

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.