ITG Carbon induction kit fitted twin charger

Glove

Aug 30, 2018
Hi guys long time since I chimed in. I have Just had the water pump supercharger clutch and all belts done. It has taken a while for it to all settle down again after the work. Half the engine has to be stripped basically horrible job. Anyhow thought as I was approaching 45k it was time for some improvements to the Ibiza SC. Looking on Ebay I noticed some Ford ITG carbon fibre induction kits for sale and it looked the same as what I have seen fitted to the Ibiza and Fabia VRS Battery in boot. For £140 new old stock been sitting on a shelf for many years I thought id give it a punt and ignore the Ford etching on the carbon fibre. Well I am glad I did. This bad boy is bigger than the ones I have seen fitted to our engines previously but fits snuggly if your battery is in the boot like mine. I made a custom bracket and happened to have some old polyurethane induction tubing to use. It sounds nice a little deeper on ticker over but not intrusive at all. Less vibrations though peddles and generally smoother engine. More power!. I reckon a good 10 bhp increase the way she is pulling. Not much louder that standard box but more of a motor sport sound. I had to buy a 80-70 mm Alu reducer but the kit came with the silicone hose attachment. Overall I'm very happy and I think the engine is happier too keeping the induction temps down. I have informed my insurance company and the increase was negligible. Hope you like. Cheers. Alloy refurb incoming next!. Added photo of smaller ITG 1.4 tsi kit for comparison :D.

Attachments

• DSC_0113 (1).JPG
    DSC_0113 (1).JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0114.JPG
    DSC_0114.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 121
  • post-113535-0-42512500-1393608407 (2).jpg
    post-113535-0-42512500-1393608407 (2).jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022
Hi there! Accept this is an old post but where was this induction kit being sold from? Looking for one to replace my standard airbox as it currently has a lovely hole in the lid (tightly taped over for the time being). So seems a good time as any to swap it out!

CW92

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2021
Very similar, seen this one about but the price makes my skin crawl. Maybe an investment I'll make when my issues are resolved with my car!
They do seem to be expensive, another option may be see if someone is selling (or a scrapyard have) an OEM airbox.

Reactions: Sundae
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.