Induction Kit - RamAir PRORAM Performance Induction Kit

LGHN-FR

Jul 27, 2023
I'm new to the world of cars, well modifying them anyway!

Ive had the MK3 FR 2.0 TDI (184bhp) Leon since end of last year and only really started by doing visual mods but I've took it a step further and bought myself the Ramair PRORAM performance induction kit because of recommendations from a few mates. (Yet to install)

Would be great to see other peoples set ups if anyone can help?

The exact kit is RamAir PRORAM Performance Induction Kit if anyone has this?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
IMG_2755.jpeg

This is on my Leon Cupra 280.

Reactions: LGHN-FR

LGHN-FR

Jul 27, 2023
That looks great mate, thanks!
I’ve been told i might benefit from fitting a cold air intake pipe below the actual filter. Is this something you’ve done?
It does say that the heat shield around the filter creates the barrier keeping low temp from the factory cold air intake, I thought that the factory cold air intake would be enough but now I’m not sure 🤷🏻‍♂️

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Nah, I haven’t installed a pipe below the filter. Just the APR cold air intake filter, larger Ramair intake hose and Ramair turbo inlet elbow.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Not sure you'll find too many people that have done this, as on a TDI it has absolutely zero performance benefits - literally all it will do is allow a bit more intake/turbo noise to escape. Which is fine if you want more woosh noise, but you won't get any extra performance at all

LGHN-FR

Jul 27, 2023
To be honest, I'm just looking for that extra noise and making under the bonnet less ugly at the moment. Was just worried about the amount of cold air the factory feed would supply to the filter but spoken with a mec and he said it never harms to add an extra cold air intake pipe but not to worry too much about it because it should be fine without.

Do you reckon it would give any extra performance benefits after a stage 1 map? That's something I'm eventually looking to do.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Mines stage 1, but 2L petrol. I installed mine more for the cold air improvement over hot air, and someone was selling one on here cheap! The noise is nice, but don’t notice it all the time as it’s on the passenger side.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
To be honest, I'm just looking for that extra noise and making under the bonnet less ugly at the moment. Was just worried about the amount of cold air the factory feed would supply to the filter but spoken with a mec and he said it never harms to add an extra cold air intake pipe but not to worry too much about it because it should be fine without.

Do you reckon it would give any extra performance benefits after a stage 1 map? That's something I'm eventually looking to do.
On the petrol cars, yes it 100% is a worthwhile/required mod - but on the TDI it makes no difference.

A stage 1 map (which is what I have on my 184) should take you to circa 230bhp, at which point the fuel rail and exhaust temperatures become the limiting factor. You can't remove the DPF (instant MOT fail) to improve temps so that's that - no stage 2+... and according to a lengthy video (worth a watch, as it's the same engine) by darkside developments on the Golf mk7 GTD the stock airbox isn't a limiting factor even at 300hp

So absolutely go for it for noise and looks (I have a carbon intake on mine into the stock airbox, purely for looks), but it won't actually help with anything

Reactions: SuperV8 and LGHN-FR

LGHN-FR

Jul 27, 2023
Thanks @H Rafiq, ill take a look!

@TripleBob, thats all really helpful. I think id be happy to leave it at stage 1 but ill have a search for that video and check it out.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
On the petrol cars, yes it 100% is a worthwhile/required mod - but on the TDI it makes no difference.

A stage 1 map (which is what I have on my 184) should take you to circa 230bhp, at which point the fuel rail and exhaust temperatures become the limiting factor. You can't remove the DPF (instant MOT fail) to improve temps so that's that - no stage 2+... and according to a lengthy video (worth a watch, as it's the same engine) by darkside developments on the Golf mk7 GTD the stock airbox isn't a limiting factor even at 300hp

So absolutely go for it for noise and looks (I have a carbon intake on mine into the stock airbox, purely for looks), but it won't actually help with anything
Agreed.

TDI air filter 5Q0129620B is the SAME as used on the 1.8 & 2.0 petrol's! if it can flow enough air for 300hp 2.0T then it's more than good enough for a 200hp TDI.

Might even be worse than the OEM if it can suck hot air from in the engine bay!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.