Forge Twintake Mk2 Leon Cupra TFSI

I havn't bothered with logs even with the ITG, I didn't need logs to tell me the differences I was looking for as they are very easy to notice just from driving it.

The search for big numbers isn't important to me even that 1hp I pipped you at Awesome ;)

You know as well as me that our APR software doesn't make Revo figures but that suits me just fine. I wanted better day to day drivability, I don't go drag racing, I occasionally do a track day, I enjoy a jaunt out on a fast road but most of the time its my daily driver too and has to take me to work and the shops etc etc.

If the Twintake hadn't delivered a suitable driving experience that I found easier to live with, then the Cupra was going back to the stock intake even if that meant losing 20hp.

Judging by the on-road performance though, the difference at the top-end when I floor it is marginable, maybe logs might show some slight differences but as I say its really not that big a deal for my comparisons even if the car has lost somef power it doesn't bother me.

I believe the ITG is geared up for big performance, as is shown in ITG's expertise in motorsport. It was great at Oulton Park but I just found myself not getting on with it day to day, but its not a bad product, it just doesn't suit my taste.

I want to get the car dyno'd soon and I can compare torque and power to the ITG that way, I think the Forge will likely show more torque in the low to midrange areas as it certainly feels more lively lower down than the ITG, but might not make as much top end as the ITG.

i think thats a very good point, most people go chasing headline figures when in reality you need a nice daily driver with good torque. i'm quite happy with my standard airbox and panel filter at the moment, i'll probably go for Jabba Stage 2 so that its mapped too the car but i need to get a sports cat, i don't see the ppint of pushing it too far as it will become too quick for the road and given the price of fuel it will be uneconomical to run as a daily driver.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Glad to see you finally found an intake you like Z. As always, a very well written, balanced and informative write up. I probably had the first one available for the Cupra on my K1, and i think its a cracking piece of kit. 4 months on and it still puts a smile on my face every time i play with the loud pedal:D

Poverty

the fella could have just used some car audi wire to relocate the battery with, you can get massive gauge sizes for any application.

The kit looks good, I wonder if andy will sell certain bits so people from the ITG V1 can upgrade to this.

The thing is though I love the noise of the open cone, and even if this kit did give another 5-10hp I wouldnt change for the world :D

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
The search for big numbers isn't important to me even that 1hp I pipped you at Awesome ;)

You know as well as me that our APR software doesn't make Revo figures but that suits me just fine. I wanted better day to day drivability, I don't go drag racing, I occasionally do a track day, I enjoy a jaunt out on a fast road but most of the time its my daily driver too and has to take me to work and the shops etc etc.

Haha. it's all just Torque :D

Yes mate. I know your not too fussed about headline figures and all. I was just curious and know other's will be too. As far as I know noone else has had the opportunity of trying out the various kit's that are on the market and some log's of the various kit's would give people another insight possibly into which would suit them better.

I personalyy would like if the ITG kit was a little quieter sometimes and then sometimes when the taps are opened the noise makes me smile. Can't win lol.

If this delivered the same as the ITG but at a little less noise (but nice noise) I maybe interested in one for myself. I don't know, I'd have to hear it out on the open road. Can't say as I could really hear Blades on the RR

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Hmm, personally I like the sound of the ITG, but can see your point on changing.

Good write up too Z[B)]
To be Honest mate, I'm a tight Yorkshireman and probably just live with what I have :lol:

Still want to see results tthough and an on road experience of noise [B)]:whistle:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Wrap the ITG with heat insulation tape and it sounds more OEM at about town speeds, wont stop the turbo warbling at low RPM, but less metallic rasp.

Cheers mate. This would possibly kill two bird's with one stone then.

I'll look into some. How much is required?

tackleberry83

Mar 24, 2008
surbiton surrey
Cupra R said:
This may sound daft but doesn't more air = more fuel = more power?

Hence a decrease in fuel consumption.

Not really as the torqure is increased so less revs are needed to power away same applies to re maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yogi896

Great review, was after an intake and think the Carbonio intake fits the bill, slightly louder and keeps the engine cover, seems the best choice for round town and A road driving. After the TDI 140 the Cupra seems quick enough tbh.

cila555

CiLA
Apr 2, 2010
Kosice - Slovakia
www.cila.sk
... Now I am finished on engine cover for 2.0 TSi Cupra and Cupra R with twintake FORGE ...

995_DSC08970.JPG

1003_DSC09570.JPG

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members