Formentor taking a long time to be delivered

shayaanl1

Apr 8, 2022
Hi!
I ordered a Formentor 1.5 in asphalt blue with 18-inch sport rims and a backup camera as the extra options. The car was ordered at the end of March here in Cyprus. It's been over 6 months since I placed the order and left the 6,000 Euro deposit, and the dealer is telling me that the car is still in the production line.

I was originally told when I called the dealer towards the end of the August that the car is going to be delivered in the last two weeks of September, but mid-September when I spoke to the dealer again, I was told that the car is in the production line. Is it normal for the car to be in the production line for over a month?

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
my car was also build week 24 and did not leave production for 5 weeks. They will most likely be awaiting microchips.

Reactions: shayaanl1
Feb 1, 2022
Hi!
I ordered a Formentor 1.5 in asphalt blue with 18-inch sport rims and a backup camera as the extra options. The car was ordered at the end of March here in Cyprus. It's been over 6 months since I placed the order and left the 6,000 Euro deposit, and the dealer is telling me that the car is still in the production line.

I was originally told when I called the dealer towards the end of the August that the car is going to be delivered in the last two weeks of September, but mid-September when I spoke to the dealer again, I was told that the car is in the production line. Is it normal for the car to be in the production line for over a month?
Hupe you received it in the meantime but here in Malta, I ordered the PHEV version in Nov 2021 amd am still waiting a year later!!

shayaanl1

Apr 8, 2022
Hupe you received it in the meantime but here in Malta, I ordered the PHEV version in Nov 2021 amd am still waiting a year later!!
Unfortunately, I still haven't received it. It still hasn't even left the production line yet! Hope yours shows up soon.

What are the government rebates like in Malta for the PHEV?

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I ordered my Formentor 245 PHEV in July 2021 over here in GB and still waiting. I've not even got a build date yet and estimated ETA stock date in March 2023! Good luck getting your Formentor's soon!.

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
Had an update today

Kindly be advised that I contacted our internal Brand Support and they have advised that the vehicle has a confirmed build week, which is week 17 of this year.

ordered Nov 2021 VZ2 hybrid in black no extras

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
Had an update today

Kindly be advised that I contacted our internal Brand Support and they have advised that the vehicle has a confirmed build week, which is week 17 of this year.

ordered Nov 2021 VZ2 hybrid in black no extras
That's good that you have a 'confirmed' build date! Hope they stick to it.

Mine was built in week 2 this year, after ordering in July 2021! Still no sign of it though. Last update from a week ago was that apparently they are waiting to ship it to the UK. The ship won't leave until it's at capacity.

I'd like to think it's on the way, as a vehicle carrier left Barcelona yesterday bound for Sheerness, but I have no idea.

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
That's good that you have a 'confirmed' build date! Hope they stick to it.

Mine was built in week 2 this year, after ordering in July 2021! Still no sign of it though. Last update from a week ago was that apparently they are waiting to ship it to the UK. The ship won't leave until it's at capacity.

I'd like to think it's on the way, as a vehicle carrier left Barcelona yesterday bound for Sheerness, but I have no idea.
At least you know its built so not long now! Hope it will be worth the wait

Reactions: RJP

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
Ordered sept'22, built end of October but still stuck in production awaiting semi conductors. Crazy situation. I know other people who's build week was after mine and they had theirs shipped.
No logical sense how they are leaving the factory.
Mines just a stand v2 with no extras

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Ordered sept'22, built end of October but still stuck in production awaiting semi conductors. Crazy situation. I know other people who's build week was after mine and they had theirs shipped.
No logical sense how they are leaving the factory.
Mines just a stand v2 with no extras
Maybe it’s down to how these part-built cars are being stored. If earlier builds are at the back of a storage compound blocked in by more recent builds, maybe they’re completing the easier to access newer builds first when fresh supplies of semiconductors are received.

That’s a possible theory for the illogical order in which these part-built cars are being completed and shipped out; hopefully I’m wrong.

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
Maybe it’s down to how these part-built cars are being stored. If earlier builds are at the back of a storage compound blocked in by more recent builds, maybe they’re completing the easier to access newer builds first when fresh supplies of semiconductors are received.

That’s a possible theory for the illogical order in which these part-built cars are being completed and shipped out; hopefully I’m wrong.
This is exactly what happens…if your car does not come straight off the production line fully built, quality checked etc. then it ends up with a team of people that can finish the cars in roughly any order when the parts come in. I work in car manufacturing and that’s exactly what happens

Reactions: jcbmally and SRGTD
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise