forsale section closed WTF?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil2769

The two main points of a car forum are:

1. To talk with like minded people about the car you love

2. to trade or sell needed equipment or parts to each other, like when you have something laying around the house that your fellow car lover can use and give then at a great price unlike the “STEALERSHIPS” funny play on dealerships. :censored: Come to think of it, this must be run by dealerships as they would be the only ones opposed to use selling to each other on the cheap.

Do any of you know were a real forum for the MK3 with like minded people is?:help:

neil2769

you really like having to go through the dealership or parts outlets better than your fellow seat members?

i dont understand it but as long as your happy:confused:

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Start your own forum, then you can decide the rules. ;)

As it stands here, there's no "For sale" section any more because it caused too much hassle and work, and still people got ripped off.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
One of the Uk's most helpful and competetive parts managers frequents the site otherwise there's plenty of advice (from himself included) on where to search for cheaper bits.

Not the main reason I visit here though to be honest.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit here for a laugh advice, meets, new pals and people do advertise via pistonheads and drop it in convo regulary!

neil2769

not only does this message board not let you sell stuff to fellow members

it was full of thieves so bad as you had to shut that section down?!?!?:doh:

holy crap what kind of people are on here.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Pistonheads or ebay for parts.

agree the For Sale section was useful, hell my previous Cupra I took to stage II and spent just £2k as alot of it was pre-owned! Full Milltek, filters, springs, alloys... all previously owned.

But, this topic has been covered many times, and there is SOOO much more to SCN than a For Sale section.

:)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
not only does this message board not let you sell stuff to fellow members

holy crap what kind of people are on here.

with all due respect to your newbie posting...

Its the minority of arseholes who chose to frequent here to sell gear, and rip genuine majority users off, which caused the grief which the moderators got fed up with having to deal with the moans etc... so they chose, rightly or wrongly to close the section to protect the members from the scammers, and remove the hassle they were getting.

there are other places to sell gear.. just unfortunately the few areshole ruined it for the majority...

you have ebay and piston head classifieds of course, if SCN is not for you.

SCN is far more than just a classifieds section, which you would realise if you had'nt just joined and moaned from the outset.

Partly; taking payment and not sending the items - And they were named and shamed for it which I thought was a great idea.

But also things might have arrived not quite as described, perhaps even broken, and the SCN admin were being drawn into disputes. Remember the adverts are (...were) free to list so really they were dealing with a lot of **** for zero remuneration. Compare this with eBay/Pistonheads etc etc. hardly worth their while.

Oh and you seem to have managed to advertise your item without a For Sale section anyway so hardly worth a post to complain.

neil2769

I think you guys are missing the point

how can you talk with people you can’t trust to buy a 100 pound part from?

I understand you guys like it this way but makes no sense if you think it through why you would talk with and get advice from people then turnaround and not have a for sale section because you can trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.