FR 170 Tdi & Tunit :)

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Just fitted my Tunit this morning and wow it has made it a different car, pulls really well through the gears and revs longer, been out for a quick spin and it scared me a few times.....going to try and get down to awesome-gti by the end of next week to get it RR'd.

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
Sounds good.

I've just read up on this - It says it's adjustable - what setting have you go it on? Do you know what power this is?

On the side it states 195bhp but does not say on which setting this is achieved.

Crazyhazy

What exactly is it? And what did it cost? And how long as Astley been in Manchester?

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Sounds good.

I've just read up on this - It says it's adjustable - what setting have you go it on? Do you know what power this is?

On the side it states 195bhp but does not say on which setting this is achieved.

Its on setting 5 at the mo the same setting as the tunit fr, will have to wait untill its been RR for the real figures.

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
I'm surprised they don't make it clear what setting = what power. I'd hope that the maximum setting is their quoted 195 bhp otherwise it could be dangerous due to the problems people have seen over 200 break.

Seems like a good product though - take it off for a service and no issues with the dealer wiping the map if they update the ecu.

But generally people don't seem to rate the piggy back things compared to normal maps - that's my impression anyway.

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
So is it a one-size-fits-all aplication? It can be taken out of the 2.0 170, and placed in any of the PD engines?

If so this could be very tempting as I dont keep them long

Edi

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
Any chance of getting some with and without tunit vag-com logs? Would be interesting to see what it's doing.

Jon

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
So is it a one-size-fits-all aplication? It can be taken out of the 2.0 170, and placed in any of the PD engines?

If so this could be very tempting as I dont keep them long

Edi
Beware the tunit does have to have a different inter face for the 170hp engine - its in the small print [although the tunit black box may be interchangeable]

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
So does anyone know if this product is as sophisticated as a remap or is it just a glorified resister?

From what i can gather mate its not just a resister, Tunit are a very big company and have spent a number of months with design for this chip, seems to be one of the only ways of getting a bit extra without any problems like the remaps that i have been reading about since the FR came out, i am very happy with mine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.